ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺: ❝𝙾𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚎.❞

My hearts beats an uneven pace, slamming against my chilled rib cage. The injured Huggy looks at me with a bloodthirsty look, but his damaged body couldn't develops the strength to get up and attack.

I couldn't help but look into his plastic eyes. Deep inside, I could tell he was begging for help. Begging for someone to tend to his wounds. But his needle-like teeth made me hesitant to help. However, he was just another lost soul stuck inside this abandoned factory. I sigh, making up my mind.

"It's okay... do you mind if I come closer?" I whisper towards him, slowly approaching, like a person approaching a bear. Huggy Wuggy doesn't flinch at my voice, but instead closes his lips to hide his teeth, making me feel more comfortable. I shake a bit as I speak, "Please don't hurt me. I just want to help you." It almost looked like he nodded.

I take off my incredibly old jacket and tear it, making a long bandage to wrap around the toy's head. I look at him one more time to confirm that it was safe to touch him. Slowly, I lift his head onto my lap, wrapping the fabric around. Some of his blood stains my pants, but I didn't mind.

"There you go," I whisper, patting his head. He gazes up with awe at me, forming a smile on his face. "Feeling better?"

"Yes... thank you...!"

I gasp loudly, looking down at the injured toy. He looks back up at me with confusion.

"You... can talk?!" I exclaim.

"Why, of course I can," Huggy replies with a exhausted tone, getting up from my lap. He stays sitting, looking down at me. "Thank you... again."

"Uh, you're welcome?" I mutter, still shocked about the situation. I develop the courage to ask, "...Is it alright if I ask a few questions?"

"I don't mind," Huggy smiles, giving his full attention. The jacket fabric is already half-stained.

"First... how on Earth are you alive? All those years, you stayed on your spot in the room, and now you have... some scary features."

Huggy frowns. "I'm sorry if I scared you... but... how do you know me? Did you use to work here?"

"Yes, I worked in the cafeteria, next to your room," I answer.

Huggy's eyes widen a bit. "I remember you! You always stop by during your break."

"Wait, you were alive that time?" I ask, visibly confused.

The blue toy frowns. "Right, you don't know what had happened here the past ten years. Let's say that experiments have taken place."

"Experiments?" I repeat. "Does... that mean there're others that are alive?"

Huggy Wuggy nods, easing the wound on his head. "Anyway, what brings you back here?"

"Oh, my friend happened to come here on short notice, and I'm trying to find them," I explain.

Huggy's face grew pale, despite his bright blue fur. "Friend? You mean... the other person? That I was trying to chase?"

I freeze, staring at him. "Is that what the thudding was while I was in the elevator? You were trying to... chase them?"

Huggy nods, frowning even more. "Sorry about that. I can't really control myself... like one time I'm a monster—the next, I'm not. Truth is, I don't want to hurt anyone. But I suppose I can't change my temperament. I... want to be normal, like I used to."

Used to? He couldn't be born from a different organism, can he? I thought. Experiments... they require subjects.

"So, do you know where the others are? The alive toys, I mean."

Huggy shrugs, "No clue. I've been stuck on that stand, until your friend came."

I look away, deep in thought. "The reason they came is because of... the flower? It has something to do with Poppy, correct?"

"Ever since that doll was invented, things were off about the factory," Huggy mutters. "And I'm pretty sure your friend isn't safe since they entered her 'lair.'"

"Lair?" I repeat.

"Mhm."

"Then I have to go after them! They're not safe by themselves!" I stand up, about to walk away, but where do I go? I also couldn't possibly leave an injured toy here.

Huggy looks directly at me, with a small twinkle in his eyes. "This place ain't safe for a meek person like you. But since you helped me, I have no choice but to return the favor. I owe you one." He smiles a bit. "I'll help you find them."

"Wait, seriously?" I gasp. I was thankful for his help, I really was, but the only problem is his state. "However, you're in a terrible condition!"

"That won't stop me," Huggy gets up. "Us 'experiments' tend to endure a lot."

I open my mouth to speak up, but it was no use. No matter how much I could protest, Huggy Wuggy will most likely keep insisting. Therefore, I had no choice, either.

"Okay... fine," I sigh. "But we'll go once your bleeding slows down a little. It's... kind of sickening."

The toy's eyes appeared to sparkle again. "Sounds good to me. I'll help you in any way I can."

***

Hello, readers! Thank you for reading this far, however I have some news.

Unfortunately, I will pause this story. However, this doesn't mean that it is discontinued. I will attempt to get back to it every now and then.

The reason I have made this decision is because Poppy Playtime is still in its early phase, with only one chapter. It has so much potential with its other chapters, that I would like to see where they go (once they have been released), so I can direct this story as canonically as possible.

I find it difficult to make up the plot with only a fragment of Poppy Playtime's story.

Again, I will most likely wait until the next chapters release so I know what I can do with this book.

Until then, thank you for reading!

— Love, #LivingLife