Epilogue

2 Year's Later

"I met someone today..." Oliver spoke softly, leaning against what seemed to be a rock. "They were lovely, I honestly loved their voice so much. They were so sweet and they looked so cute while carrying one of the children. They work at the school, not sure if they are a teacher or not." His happiness was loud and clear.

He paused, as if expecting a response, though he was well aware that he wouldn't get one.

"I wonder what they think of me, or if they even know I exist..." He chuckled, a bright smile on his face as he thought about them.

He believed that he finally understood why his father talked about his mother the way he did, why he spoke about her like she was a goddess.

Over the past two years, he had learned a lot about his mother, as well as mended some of his relationships with his family. The home itself almost seemed to glow with happiness.

The house was a bit louder now, even more so since Dolores had her twins a few months ago. She hadn't married Mariano yet, even though she constantly told Oliver that she was going too soon once she got the time.

The twins were opposites, one was very loud while the other was hardly ever cried. Oliver spent a lot of time around them, making his relationship with Dolores a lot stronger than what it used to be.

He enjoyed life as it was now, yet he wouldn't mind having them around, he wouldn't mind having a family with them either. It was even better now knowing Alma would be no threat to them, a small prison was built just for her.

"It's a really nice day, I'm surprised Tia Pepa hasn't gotten upset yet, then again she has been working on her temper." He laughed, resting his head on the rock and closing his eyes to rest them.

"Oliver, one of the lemurs got stuck again!" Antonio yelled, scampering over to his cousin.

He looked like he was sleeping, however, Antonio knew better than to fall for it. He walked towards him cautiously, his eyes narrowed as he got closer. He was within arms reach when Oliver sprung up and snatched the boy, quickly tickling his sides.

Antonio shrieked with laughter, desperately squirming to get out of the fox's hold. Oliver just laughed, tickling him a bit more before letting him go.

The smaller boy just sat in his cousin's lap for a moment, panting slightly, a little tired from the brutal assault he had just faced. He watched the nine tails that swayed behind the boy, who was now comfortable enough to allow them out regularly.

He pushed himself up and stood in front of his cousin would had a smug grin on his face. Placing his hands on his hips, he narrowed his eyes into what seemed like the cutest glare, at least Oliver thought it was cute.

"The lemurs are stuck so you have to help me get them down."  Oliver chuckled, nodding at his cousins demand.

"I'll be in in a second, Bichito." Antonio nodded and rushed off.

Oliver watched with a smile, slowly standing up and turning towards the rock behind him.

He stared at the words on the rock for a moment, brushing off a small amount of dirt from the top of it. It was a grave, his mother's grave to be exact. He had started visiting it regularly, telling her everything about his life. It was well-kept, hardly any dirt was on it and he made sure to clean it up and bring flowers for her from time to time.

He had gotten lost in thought, staring at the name longer than necessary. He was startled by Antonio yelling at him from the door.

"Alright alright, I'm coming." He called back, gently dragging his hand across the top of the stone as he began to walk off. "I'll be back later, mama."

His life wasn't perfect, he didn't believe it ever would be, but it was getting better.

He walked inside and the first thing he saw was the large framed photo of the family, Alma was missing from it and so wass his mother, however, everyone in the photo looked so much happier than they were two years ago.

His family was healing and he was healing with them. Oliver didn't know if he could have become a part of the family, but he did and he honestly couldn't ask for anything different.