Emerald

"So you are trying to say, you love me?" I said finally, after a dose of counting 1-10 in my head until I calmed down.

"Uh, I guess. I mean yes." He said then sighed as he ruffled his hair in frustration. "Clearly, it must sound-"

"Amazing." I helped as I got closer to him, "That was amazing."

Tom looked at me like I had hit my head or something. "Really? Are you sure? I mean if you are kidding with me, it's not cool man."

Tom gave me a very vulnerable look that in fact gave me the courage to step closer to him and smack my lips on his. Unlike the last time, I was in control. My arms slid around his waist and neck as I deepened the kiss. My tongue invaded his mouth and Tom didn't even hesitate to give me the dominance over him.

Kissing Tom was setting my body on fire. His hands that gripped my shirt and went through my hair were slowly driving me insane.

Was this what a perfect collision was?

We slowly pulled away to catch our breaths and as we spent time in each other's arms, I stared into his eyes. They were the most perfect set of grey I've ever seen.

"You are beautiful." Tom babbled and that, for some reason turned me off.

"Really? Beautiful?"

He looked at me confused, "What's wrong with that?"

"I don't like that compliment, 'beautiful'. Let's try 'handsome
or 'hot'." I suggested as I wiggled my brows.

Tom snickered and said, "Since when did you become a narcissist?"

"Since when the hottest boy in school loved me."

Tom's head fell on my shoulder as he laughed, "God, I love this side of you."

My mum called, spoiling the romantic moment going on, just to tell me to get my ass home. However, Tom kissed me one last time before we got into the car and started our journey back home. Good thing was, my house wasn't too far.

"So, what is it with you?" Tom asked suddenly that brought my attention back to him.

"What?"

"At first it was the whole schedule thing then the top of the car. Is it me or are you just a goody-two-shoes?" he suggested as he pulled a corner.

Smiling, I said, "Try disorder."

He glanced at me then back at the road, "OCD? Really?"

"Yeah. Been with me since when I can remember. Everything has a particular way of how they should be. They vary depending on the person. Now, because of my disorder, I can't enter a taxi in London without having a panic attack because-"

"The driver's seat is on the right and not on the left like the American's."

"Yes." I shifted giddily on my seat because I was too happy to finally have someone that understood me even if it was just a little.

"Cool. So you've been to London?"

"Yeah. For a while when I was a kid. We moved there when my dad got a promotion."

"So why are you here now?"

"My mum and dad split." I added a dramatic sigh. "He said we were inconveniencing him but I knew it was because of me."

"You couldn't adapt." Tom said it so softly and perfectly that it left me staring at him. How could he understand so well?

"No, I couldn't. The weather, the school, how they talked, the cabs, the neighbourhood. You just name it. I might not have had friends but, I was too attached to where I lived. I just couldn't leave it forever."

"And your mum agreed to split because of that?"

I released a light chuckle when I remembered what I had to do. "Let's just say I played a villain. My dad was cheating and I let him get caught. More like set him up but you get the story. My mum moved back and I followed her."

I paused but when Tom was about to speak, I caught him off and said, "But we are all cool. My dad apologized helplessly and like the forgiving person my mum was, she forgave him. Christ, they even dated again but they realized it themselves that they were better off without each other."

"Oh. Then I don't know whether to tell you sorry or not."

I rested my head on the head rest when I saw my street then said, "When your parents split, did you want people to tell you sorry?"

He hummed as he pulled up behind my mum's car in the driveway, "Yes and then no. Yes because I loved the fact that they cared and no because it reminded me of the pain. It might have been the best thing that happened to our family but it also hurts."

"Exactly." I played a little with his hair then got out of the car. As I passed the driver's side, I tilted my head towards my house and he got the message by getting down.

"So, anything I should say to my mother-in-law?"

I narrowed my eyes at him as I opened the door, "Just don't say that."

Mum was on the couch watching Tv when I entered with Tom. He took a deep breath as my mum's eyes trailed to me but I gave her a dull stare when she started to approach me.

"Young man, where have you been?" My mum gave me a stern look. Her undeniably emerald eyes twinkled thanks to the light. My mum was still young having married early, like really early. Try 22. Women these days...

"I was out with a friend." I held Tom's hand as I pulled him forward. "Mum, this is Tom."

The whole façade my mum did disappeared when she saw Tom because that fake stern glint turned into a joy. "Oh my god. I'm Yale's mum but call me Cookie."

"Really?"

"Yes! Any friend of Yale is practically my son. I can't believe I finally have a daughter!!"

"She meant Ciara." I whispered to Tom to clear up his confused face.

"Oh."

"So, are you spending the night? It seems really dark out there." Cookie implied.

Tom grinned, "Uh-huh. I'll call my dad now."

"Seriously Tom?" I gapped at him. "You don't have to do it for my mum."

He rolled his eyes and said, "It's not for your mum. I'll just take the kitchen to call." He gave me a reassuring smile then nodded to my mum but before he let go of my hand, he gave it a little squeeze and my heart responded with a little dance.

Suddenly, my mum wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into the sitting room, she let go when we had comfortably sat on the couch and I turned to her.

"What?"

"You get a girl home so I was thinking future girlfriend. You get a boy home and I am seeing present boyfriend. What the hell happened?"

I smirked. My mum wasn't exactly the dumb one. "What gave it away?"

"The hands." She gave me a duh look then added, "Other that, it was probably the chemistry. I could actually feel the love radiating. How long has it been going on?"

"A day and a half. Are you mad?" I asked because even if I might be a bitch, whatever my mum says matters...in some situations.

She gave me one of her gentle smiles and hugged me, "Hell, you can love who and whatever you want." Then she pulled away and gave me a stern look, "But don't bring a cat home. I'd kill it."

I laughed, "I love you mum."

"I'd never get tired of hearing that sweetheart."