Chapter 6: Corruption and Alcohol

TW: Alcohol/drunkenness.

Wilt had a meeting with his father that day. He managed to keep a straight face, but was inwardly stressing out about it. Wilt was not the best at hiding things. Both Edric and Hans, who had ended up staying the night on their couch, had tried to calm him down. Edric had forced him to sit down and watch a movie with them, and then Hans had made him soup. He had been tense the entire time, and neither effort seemed to help.

"You know, you can talk to us," Edric eventually said to the brown haired man, who was currently sitting on the couch, rubbing his neck, and bouncing his leg all at once.

"I- he- it's just gonna be the same stuff. 'You're ruling this place at some point, Wilt. You're going to have to settle down at some point, Wilt. You're going to have to find a nice wife at some point, Wilt,'" He said in an awful interpretation of the Grandmaster's wizened voice.

"At least you know what it's going to be like?" Hans interjected.

"I guess." Hans glanced at Edric, worry for Wilt echoed in both of their faces.

Wilt left a bit after that, still jittery and nervous. The house was quiet until Edric spoke, "Remember when I told you I'd tell you later? I think I should tell you now. You might want to sit down?" Hans complied, confusion etching itself across his features. "I think - I don't really want you weirded out or anything - but, well, I've been thinking - I really, really like you. But I- I also really, really like Wilt."

"Are you trying to break up with me? Or are you trying to, er - expand our relationship?" His last words were a tinge on the hopeful side.

"I would never, ever want to break up with you! And um, I guess so? You'd have to be comfortable about it and I definitely won't - won't force you into something you wouldn't want. And besides, we - we don't even know if Wilt would be okay with it."

Hans nodded, "I've actually, well, been kinda thinking similarly for a while - and you'd be surprised how common polyamory is, especially here. Amer was practically created to be unique." Edric couldn't help blushing brightly at the subject.

"We'd have to talk to him at some point."
"Okay." Hans lent forward, placing a delicate kiss on Edric's temple. "Thank you for telling me." Edric blushed even more, his ears turning bright red. At this point he could spend his entire life with Hans and Wilt and he'd still not be able to control his blush.

Edric yawned yet again as Hans glanced at his watch for the fiftieth time in that hour. "It's 10:58 pm. Do you think he's okay?"

"I doubt he'll be hurt. It's a meeting with his father," Edric said, his face unsure of anything he had just said. Wilt chose that moment to stumble drunkenly through the door. "Wilt! Wilt, are you okay?" Edric frantically yelled, leaping from his position on the couch to go over to the absolutely hammered man. Hans followed behind him, eyes the only part of his schooled expression that showed his worry.

"C'mon, let's get him to the couch," Hans said, his voice stressed.

"Noohhhhhh~ he'sh sharmt-,'' came Wilt's drunk response.

"Who's - er - smart?" Edric beat Hans to the question.

"He ishhhhh - fahtver. Embizzle- Imbezzied-"

"Embezzlement?" Hans sounded shocked. He couldn't wrap his head around it. The Grandmaster? The man who did everything for the people of Amer?
"Yeshhhhhh~ wantshh minee-meee," Wilt slurred, his golden eyes rolling into the back of his head.

"Okay, you should lie down. We're going to pick you up," Edric responded to the unconscious man, grabbing Wilt's wrists and gesturing for Hans to grab the ankles. Wilt muttered something neither Hans nore Edric could hear as they dragged his form to the couch. They plopped him there, Edric positioning him on his side like one was supposed to with a drunk person.