Chapter Three:Return

February 10, 2021
Tokyo, Japan
19:43
————————————————————————
(Third Person)
The bedroom was silent. The only noises that could be heard was the rain smacking against the bedroom window and Y/N's breathing. His now cold empty eyes stared blankly out the window. There was no emotion present on his face. A few knocks on the bedroom door caught his attention. In came a worried Touka."Hey I brought you some food and coffee." She said as she now sat herself next to him.

He didn't respond."Y/N I'm worried about you. You haven't left the house in weeks. You're barely even eating or sleeping. If you keep this up you're gonna get sick. Please." Touka exclaimed as she sat the food and drink aside. The loss of his mother still had a heavy impact on him. He wanted to vent to his fiancé on how he felt but he just couldn't."Y/N I'm here for you. You can talk to me. I'm here for you."

Slowly the man broke down into tears. Touka pulled his head into her chest and rubbed in circles on his back."I-I just miss her so much. If o-only I h-had been quicker or-" She shushed his lips with a gentle and passionate kiss."Look at me." She said whilst cupping his cheeks."It's not your fault. So quit blaming yourself." He wrapped his arms around her and cried harder into her chest.

It hurt Touka seeing him like this but it also made her feel better seeing him be open about his feelings. After a few minutes he stopped crying and laid on his side."I'm gonna kill each and every last one of them." Hearing that had her worried."Do you remember the promise we made? We wouldn't kill anyone because it'd attract attention to this ward." She reminded him.

"I can't go on knowing they're still out there living their lives unpunished. Touka I know what I promised, but I can't keep my word on it. I won't be able to rest until they're all dead." This seemed to worry the woman even more."Please. Revenge isn't healthy. These feelings won't go away if you kill those men." Y/N clenched his fists into balls."I don't care. This isn't about me. It's about avenging my mother."

There was a moment of silence."I want to be alone. Please." He said in a tired tone."Okay. Im sorry." Touka placed a kiss on his head before leaving the room feeling stressed. What will he do? Will he get himself injured. Even worse killed? Those thoughts raced through her mind. She couldn't let him do any of this. She decided she'd keep a close watch on him.

The woman knew he wanted revenge and she wanted it as well but it was too risky. As she went downstairs Y/N had flashbacks. It was a good one although extremely graphic. It was when he had caught a dove that been friends with the dove that killed his girlfriend. He decided to send a bit of a message to the rest of the investigators of his hometown. He took the man up to an overpass before gutting him.

Once morning came many people witnessed a gruesome scene. The investigator was hung off the side of the overpass by his own large intestine. Next to him drawn in his own blood was the image of a crow. Y/N's signature mark after every murder. His killings grew rather well known across the US. Many humans feared him. As for ghouls many looked up to him.

Y/N would also be known for his gruesome displays of his kills. Back to him now he still laid in bed. He sat up and on the edge of the bed. He looked down at his hands. Gently he ran his thumb along his rough and blistered palms."Do I really want to go back into that life?" That type of life he used to live was grueling and dangerous. He wanted nothing but revenge but also he didn't want to drag Touka into everything.

So after some thought he came up with an idea."Maybe I don't have to drag her into this." The thought of going out on his own crossed his mind."I'd have to leave for awhile. I can't have them tracking me back here and hurting Touka. Or worse." Y/N was starting to like this idea. He just didn't know when he'd act on it. He rubbed his exhausted face before getting up to go to the restroom.