Chapter Eight:Hand In Hand

September 26, 2027
Tokyo, Japan
19:01
—————————————————————————
(Third Person)
"Touka I promise you, we can't trust Nishiki with Ichika." The married couple walked down a street towards an arcade."I know but it's just that bastard can barely even take care of himself so it's kinda hard to trust him with our child." Y/N laughed a little before taking his wife's hand in his."She'll be fine I promise you. Now let's enjoy this time we have alone together alright. Touka smiled before kissing the tall man.

"Alright. Now hurry up and let's go so I can kick your ass at some arcade games." She said as she dragged the half ghoul to the entrance of the arcade. Their first game, air hockey. Once they set up on each side, the game kicked off. Y/N using his disc to smack the puck towards her goal. Just as it was getting close to entering she smacked it back towards him earning a point.

She smirked a little before he grabbed the puck and smacked it into her goal."Hey no fair." She whined."Maybe pay attention next time." Her husband said smugly. Their competitive back and forth game went on for another three minutes before the timer went off. It was a tie."I almost beat you." Touka exclaimed whilst pouting a tiny bit as her partner collected the tickets the two had earned together.

"Whatever. Now come on let's play some games that'll get us some more tickets." It was now his turn to drag her. The first game he took her to was a Dance Dance Revolution. Two hours would pass. The couple had managed to collect a large mass of tickets after goofing around and overall just having fun together."What do you think we'll be able to get with all these tickets?" Y/N asked."I don't know but I want that panda."

The woman pointed up to a large stuffed panda."Well let's see what we can get." After they cashed in their tickets the two were told they could get the panda. They immediately snatched it."Are you happy with what you got?" The male ghoul asked as he looked over at his wife. She hugged the stuffed animal tightly."Fuck yeah I am." They both laughed."It's nice seeing you smile like this. Your smile is smithing else."

The man blushed at her comment."You know even after we've been married for so long you still get all embarrassed." Touka said whilst laughing some more."Whatever. Well, is there anything else you want to do while we still have time?" She pondered for a moment."Let's just drive around a little and listen to music." Her husband seemed fond of the idea."That sounds nice actually. Do you wanna play music this time or no?"

Touka proceeded to whip out a cassette tape from her purse and show it to the man."I made this one recently. I think you'll like the music on it." She said as they made their way to the car. Once in with the car on she slipped the cassette in. The first song to come on was Fade Into You by Mazzy Star. Joseph drove them around the city with the windows down and the breeze blowing through their hair.

This moment reminded her of that one night he had taken snuck her out to drive around the city. After having enough fun the two headed back home. Upon entry they saw Nishiki passed out on the couch."Oi." Touka said whilst nudging the sleeping ghoul with her foot."Oh you're back. Ichika is already in bed asleep. Geez that kid she's something else. She's very hyper." The parents laughed as Nishiki got up.

"Yeah she can be a handful sometimes. Anyways thanks for watching her. I promise I'll cover one of your shifts in return." Y/N said before his friend nodded and left."I'm gonna go check on her. You should go get ready for bed." His wife nodded before he headed up and to his daughter's room. Ever so carefully he opened the door and peaked inside to see his daughter asleep.

He smiled upon seeing the wholesome sight. Knowing his daughter was okay, he finally headed to his room. As he entered he watched from behind as his wife removed her shirt. Feeling mischievous the ghoul silently approached and placed a quick kiss on her shoulder. She let out a small yelp."Jesus you asshole you scared me!" She said whilst laughing.

"We I'm gonna go hop in the shower. I'll be in bed in a few." Y/N said as he discarded his clothes along the way to the bathroom."Alright I'll be in bed." The ghoul wife discarded her clothing as well before throwing on one of her husband's shirts and hopping into bed. Ten minutes would pass before the man exited the bathroom with only a towel around his waist.

"Jesus put on some clothes." Touka said with a slight laugh."Well you wouldn't have to see me like this if you didn't stare so much perv." He retorted as he went through his dresser for some clothes."You're my husband, I can stare at you as much as I want whenever I want." She said making him laugh a little."Whatever you perv." Quickly he went back into the bathroom and got changed.

As he exited the bathroom and approached his bed his wife held out her arms inviting him into her warm embrace. He gratefully accepted her invite and laid down with her and pulled her close."You smell good." She said as she took a long whiff of his neck."Did you spray some cologne on?" She asked which he responded to with a nod."Scoot a little closer to me."

Y/N did so only to be assaulted by a number of kisses from his wife."I'm so happy I found you. Even if you are a total doof." Touka said as she ran her fingers through his hair."I'm glad to. Now come here." He pulled her against his chest and made sure to keep her warm. Ever so slowly the two fell asleep.

THE END

—————————————————————————
(Author's Note)
I honestly really enjoyed this story/story line. I will be making more Touka x reader stories later on. I have a Cyberpunk/Bladerunner themed story in the works. See you guys very soon!

- The Author