122 | Winter Break

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, PASS YOUR papers. Time is up," a professor announces, making the entire class groan in frustration since most of them weren't confident about their answers.

     "Stop complaining. Pass you papers now so you can go."

     The students finally dropped their pens and started passing their papers. When the professor got all of the papers, he congratulated the students for surviving their dreadful examination week, causing the students to start cheering in exhaustion.

     After passing the paper to the student in front of him, Max looks behind him and sees Ervin packing his things. Since it was their exams week, they were arranged alphabetically, and luckily for Max, Ervin was assigned right behind him.

     "How'd you do big guy?" Max asks.

     Ervin puts his pencil case inside his bag and says, "I don't know the demon who created the exam for advanced geometry, but I think I did pretty good."

     "Really? I kinda had a problem with item number 8. What was your answer there?" Max then asks.

     "Is it about the shaded semicircles?" Ervin looks through his scratch paper and showed it to Max. 16x2(Pi/2 - 1) 

     Max stares at the answer and sighs. "Fuck, I think I did it wrong. How did you solve it?"

     Ervin moves closer to Max and starts explaining his solution. "The length of the sides of the square is 4x right? So the shaded part is a quarter of a disk, while the area that's not shaded is..."

     While Ervin was explaining the solution to Max, Ari and Felix approached them and looks at the paper. Ari then leans closer and says, "Oh, is that the problem where you have to know the area of the shaded region in terms of x? Isn't the answer around 16?"

     Max sighs and slams his head on his desk. "Great, I really fucked it up. I think I made an error in the middle part of my solution."

     "For someone who's a genius with business, you're not a mathematical genius huh? I guess god really is good. You can't have everything after all," Ari teases, making Felix slap the back of his head.

     Ari glares at Felix, but he doesn't say anything anymore.

     "Don't worry about it Max, it's just one item right? You'll do fine," Ervin comforts, and Max finally looks back at his friends. The four of them stare at each other, but after a while, Max started laughing, making Ari and the others laugh too.

     "I can't believe the great Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire is getting depressed over his math exam," Felix teases, and Max and Ervin finally fix their things so they could leave their classroom.

     "All the other exams were easy but I had a hard time with my foreign language exam," Felix shares as he and his friends walk out of their classroom.

     "You chose Chinese right?" Ari asks.

     "I did, so the entire questions were in mandarin. I thought I was going to faint," Felix answers, making Max and the others laugh.

     "Well, I chose French so it was way too easy for me," Max then says.

     "That's unfair! You're part French!" Ari complains, and Max just shrugs his shoulder.

      When they got out of their building, Max looks at his friends and then asks them, "You guys wanna eat lunch at the Great Hall before going home?"