Chapter 7.

A loud knock came from the front door. It woke up Kurt, but not Dave. Kurt eyed the male. Dave hid under the blanket. He laid in the fetal position, taking in the cover. Kurt laid there for a few moments, until another cluster of loud knocks came from the door. He finally got up and headed for the front door, taking his sweet time. He peered through the peephole.
A long body stood there, impatiently waiting. "I know you're in there." Kurt left it ajar to the visitor, letting him push it open on his own. The blonde walked to his cigarettes and lighter on the coffee table. The long man came in behind him.
As Kurt plopped himself on the couch and began to light his cigarette, his bass player stood beside the big comfy chair. "Aren't we gonna practice?"
"Whenever Dave wakes up," Kurt puffed the smoke out.
"Speaking of Dave, where is he?"
Kurt choked on the smoke. Krist didn't know about the two who occupied the apartment. He didn't know about the couple. He hasn't even heard from them since last week.
Kurt continued to cough, as Krist came closer to see if his friend needed assistance. "Are you okay?"
The small body, who sat in the couch and struggled to return to his breathing patterns, he shook his head and waved his hand 'no.' As he finally finished his horrible cough, he decided to take another puff. "He's sleeping."
"Where?" Krist contemplated on wether to sit down in the comfy chair or continue to stand.
Kurt became nervous. Krist was never informed about Kurt's sexuality or any of his date life. Kurt thought he would be mocked by his best friend or by anybody who learned the truth. "Up in my room." He non-scantly scratched the dirty scalp. He hadn't taken a shower for three days.
"Why is he in your room?"
"Why are you asking so many fucking questions?" His voice was risen up to a defensive, stern voice. Krist backed off and laid off of the questions of Dave. Kurt just sat there and continues to smoke.
Soon, Dave appeared in the living room, but no one noticed. Krist was grabbing out his weed and papers, and he made his joint. Kurt was too busy writing down ideas of the band in his journal. Things that came into mind and sounded clever was written on the lined paper. Dave cleared his throat to attract the two. Kurt brightened up, once he saw his love. Krist observed how Kurt saw Dave. He didn't want to assume, but it looked like he was into the young Grohl.
Kurt felt his grumpy persona disappear. "Are you feeling better?" His smile slowly increased as he said each word.
Dave stood beside Krist, "my stomach feels so much better. I feel great." He smiled back to his hidden lover, but Dave never knew that they were hidden, or ever in hiding.
Krist analyzed Kurt, then looked at Dave. "How was your sleep?"
"It was good," Dave sat on the floor. "So, what are you doing here?"
"Don't you remember?"
"Um...no?"
"There's practice today."
"Oh, yeah. But can we eat breakfast first? I'm kinda hungry."
"Um, well, why not?" Krist smiled at the youngster.

As the practice was about to begin, Dave flirted with his significant lover by rubbing Cobain's arm and gave him a smile. He finally headed to his drum set and waited for Krist's start. Blew.
After the song finished, Kurt spoke, "guys I made a song last night."
Krist removed the instrument from his body and fell on the couch, "let's hear it." He was ready to hear the song, as was Dave. Dave sat on his drum stool. His drum sticks on his thighs, excited to hear it.
"Come on over and do the twist, ahhh." Kurt walked towards the drum set and made eye contact with the man who hid behind the stable instrument. "Love you so much, it makes me sick," he smiled, letting him know that it's about him.
Dave was so infatuated with the song by this point. How he smiled and swayed along with his guitar. Once in awhile, the drummer would bite his lip when Kurt blew kisses at him, only on available times;when he wasn't singing. Kurt had totally forgot about Krist's presence.
"He keeps it pumpin' straight to my heart."
By this lyric, Krist was a little off guard. Didn't he mean 'she'? He didn't know Kurt was talking about. He knew that Kurt hung out with a guy who was gay in high school, and wished to be gay to piss off everyone. But was that true? Was it true that he wanted to piss off everyone? Or was it just to cover up his sexuality?
The song ended and Dave frantically clapped. "That was really good, Kurt."
"Yeah, that is a good song. What is it about?" Krist wanted to know the secret of Kurt that he hid from his best friend. But wait. Is he my best friend, or is he just a close stranger? He thought.
Kurt became nervous and scared to answer. He thought up a excuse. "Um, it's about a girl."
Dave's heart sank. Questions swarmed through his head, waiting to be answered, just like Krist, but he was much more eager to find out. Was he cheating on him? Wasn't he gay? Why would he give those looks and just dedicate to some girl? Has he come out of the closet? But Dave held in his hurt and sorrow, trying not to make a scene. His tears being trapped, trying to break free. All he did to cover it was a weak smile.
Kurt saw his pain, but didn't say anything. He never wanted to tell anybody his sexuality. He just wants people to let him do something without someone badgering him and make fun of him for it. Like, his friend in high school. He had a thing for him. But every time he was seen with him, everyone would bully him and threaten him, even beat him up inside and outside of school. All he wants is to love someone and others who dislike it could fuck off.
Krist persisted to go on with his billions of questions to find out what was hidden from him. "Who's this girl? Someone you've met?"
Cobain looked at the helpless Grohl being shielded by his drums. "Uhh...yeah." It hurt him to say it.
Dave couldn't hold on much longer. "Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." He politely excused himself and passed his band members. Kurt's eyes followed him until the wall blocked his sight, so he wasn't able to see where he was going.
Krist didn't know for sure why the youngling left the space. "What was that about?"
"I'm not sure." Slowly a piece of his heart tore off, like a leaf disconnecting from the tree branch during a fall morning.
"Was is something I said?" The tall man was worried if that he did something wrong. That it was him to cause the problem.
Kurt looked down the hallway and looked at his feet, thinking what to do about the situation. "Krist can you leave, please?"
Krist was kinda hurt by those words. The weight of the world sat on his shoulders. Man, this was all my fault, he thought, I shouldn't asked all those questions. He grabbed his bass and other small belongings he brought in earlier. "I guess I should be going. Call me when you guys feel better." The corners of his mouth drooped as the door was slammed behind him. In a way the 6'7" man felt jealous. Krist didn't have his best friend's attention. He felt isolated and ignored. But he had to cover up his hurt because he didn't want to cause anymore problems.

I think this is my most favorite chapter so far. It's detailed and has it's conflict. I'm pretty proud of it. This is dedicated to Kave_Grobain, lithieumbloom, Stadium_Arcadium94 and to all the other followers of this story. Tell me what you think. Question: what's your favorite chapter so far? Leave me a comment and vote.
Hoped you enjoyed:D