Chapter 8.

The dark, gloomy sky stood still as the tall trees went by as he drove to his destination. He felt bad about what happened that day. Was it my fault? All I wanted was to know what the truth was. Something that he didn't know from Kurt.
Krist pulled in the drive in. Shelli's car wasn't there. He then remembered she was at work. He put the car in park and turned the car off. He sat in the driver's seat. What was running through his head was to figure out how to make things better between the band. He didn't want to be kicked out of the band or no longer best friends with Kurt. He shouldn't have pushed Kurt. They should've had a one-on-one conversation.
After pondering on his thoughts on what he should have done, he finally got out the car and locked his Toyota. He shoved his keys into his pocket and took out his bag of weed. He began to put the joint together, taking a slower pace to the door of his house. Instead of going inside of the house that Shelli, his wife, and he owned, he sat on the step that led to their shelter. He lit it and inhaled. The weed relaxed him. Soon, he was planning to get drunk on wine.

"Dave." Kurt rested his forehead on the door. "Dave, come out, please." No response. "Dave, I can explain." He pressed his ear to the door to see if he could hear Dave. He heard sniffling and whimpers. Slight coughs were also heard. "Can we talk about this?"
The door finally opened, just a tinsy bit. Just enough so Dave could see Kurt's face. He wiped his nose. "What do you want?" He sniffed.
"I just want to explain everything to you," he looked straight into his lover's eyes.
"What? That you've been cheating on me?" Dave stammered.
"No I hav-"
"That you've met a girl that you had feelings for?"
"No, I-"
"That you don't love me? That you don't want me anymore?"
"No. Can I-"
"That you don't have strong feelings like I do?"
"SHUT UP!" Kurt stomped his foot in frustration. Dave closed his mouth and looked away from Kurt. Immediately, he felt bad for getting mad. Everything was quiet. "Dave, I will never cheat on you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me."
"Then what about that song? Who was that dedicated to?"
Kurt snickered, "it was for you, you silly."
Dave wiped his eye, "then who's the girl?"
"There's no girl."
Dave opened the door all the way and folded his arms. "Then why are you hiding? What are you hiding from?"
Kurt didn't want to answer him. Instead he looked down at his worn out, holey socks that he wore to bed. But he had to. He had to let his partner know what was going on. He had the courage to look him in the eye. "Back in high school, I knew a gay guy. We hung out and we were the best of friends. But I had a thing for him, I liked him. As soon people new that I hung out with him, I was getting beaten up, bullied. It became a routine. Soon, my mom found out that I hung out a with a gay guy, she pulled me away from him." Kurt took a breath. "I just want people could fuck off, you know?" He was nearly in tears. "I want to be in love whoever I want, whenever I want. I just don't want someone to fuck with me, fuck with our relationship." Dave witnessed a single tear come down Kurt's eye. "I love you, but I'm afraid of being humiliated and being beaten up. I'm scared."
"What about Krist? Isn't he your best friend?"
The blonde became silent. "I haven't told him that I'm gay. Nobody knows. Not even him."
Dave was trying to think of how he was gonna tell how he felt. "Kurt...I don't want to be hidden." He looked up to the male on the other side of the border of the bathroom and the hallway. "I don't want to be your little secret. I can't live like this. I need someone who is proud of me and would proudly strut me around."
Kurt felt helpless and was willing to change everything, but this is gonna be hard to do. He was thinking of things he could change, but he found it difficult to find a solution for his problems.
The silence was broken by Dave. He had thought up the only thing that could help them both. Or so he thought. "Kurt," Dave broke into tears again. "I think you should do more thinking about yourself before you date someone. I don't know if I could do this much longer."
Kurt's knees shook and became weak. Tears came to the surface of his eyes. "What do you mean?" His lip began to quiver.
Dave rubbed his forehead of what he was gonna say. He was gonna cry, but tried to hold it in. "I don't know if this is gonna work between us. I think we should go our separate ways."
The news squeezed Kurt's heart. He felt the pain of grief. He fell to the ground on his knees. His head hung off his neck. His arms drooped off his shoulders. The tears came down. Dave wasn't able to see it due to the long blonde hair covering his sorrowful face.

Hey guys! I hoped you like it. Tell me what you think about it. Tell me your opinion. Vote and comment, it would be surely appreciated. I'm trying to get the Krave (Krist/Dave) fan fic done. I'm still working on it. So to the people who are requesting the story, it would probably be coming out at the end of the month, so don't worry, it's coming. This is dedicated to DillusionedNotes1994. Give her some support and follow her. Encourage her to stay (wink, wink to DillusionedNotes1994), I'm wanting her stay and I'm pretty sure you guys, who like the Nirvana fanfics, would want her to stay. Please show her your love and encourage to stick around to this hell hole :D. Love to all my loyal followers, have a great day. (Sorry for the long message)