Freak

Another chapter is here with a song that is not from the movie. This is freak by Molly Sanden. I do not own it. Please do not play until you see the instructions in brackets. Enjoy the chapter. 

Mirabel had invited Isandra to stay over in her room for the night. Isandra gladly accepted it, believing Mirabel needed her after what happened that very night. 

They had spent the remainder of the evening with Mirabel's mother Julieta. Isandra was glad that Julieta accepted Mirabel exactly for who she was and she never judged her in any way. It had been very big-hearted to say to her child that she was special just like everyone else but Mirabel's spirit remained unlifted. A moment later, they heard numbers of people crying out about powerful waves of light appearing out of nowhere and blinding them. 

"What do you think caused that giant light wave outside?" Isandra asked, thinking to when crowds of blind people were summoning her best friend's mother for help. 

Mirabel on the bed above her thought to herself. Something told her it was Juano but there wasn't exactly any proof of that. At least not yet. "I don't know. But I bet Dolores knows and she'll blurt it out soon, "

Isandra could easily tell she was keeping something secret. "Mirabel...whatever it is that you're not telling me, you can always tell me,"

Mirabel sighed and turned her head down to her best friend. "It's to do with Juano. I really can't tell anyone because it would be like betraying his trust,"

"Then don't tell me," Isandra accepted her words. "If you want to keep it secret for him, that's okay. It's very good of you to be so considerate,"

"Thanks, Sandra," Mirabel smiled. "Now...why don't we get some sleep?"

"Good night Mira," Sandra laid her head down and pulled the blanket over her. 

The next day Isandra woke up and she saw that Mirabel was already dressed. "Wow! What's up Mira?"

"I'm going to save the miracle. I heard Abeula speaking out her thoughts to a picture of my Abuelo Pedro. She sounded worried about the miracle dying,"

"So she did believe you but she embarrassed you?" Isandra couldn't believe what she was hearing. "How could she do that?"

"I don't know. What matters now is that the miracle needs saving,"

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. This is my chance to finally make the family proud of me just once,"

"I agree with you on that Mirabel...I just don't want you to get hurt,"

"I don't know what will happen Sandra...but I must do this. Of course, I'm not going to do this alone, not when I have the best friend in the whole world to count on," 

"Well, that best friend is ready to help you when you need it..." Isandra promised. "I'm afraid you will have to start it without me. You know what today is?"

"What is today?" Mirabel asked blankly. She smacked her forehead. "Oh yes. The anniversary of your abeulo and abeula...you should go to your family. They need you more than I do. I can start later,"

"No. Get started as soon as possible,"

Mirabel was reluctant. 

"It's okay. Don't concern yourself with me," 

"Alright. Please say you can meet up in the afternoon,"

"See you later bestie," 

Juano had slept against Sinfonia the whole night with a blanket over his body. They slept peacefully that night, but Juano could not lift the images of those light waves flooding the town, blinding anyone who might have been outside. It was horrifying. He had never. felt more scared of himself than he had before. He never thought he could do something like that. It was almost as if the anger inside of him had lit a fuse and he had exploded with ultimate power, unable to contain himself or it.