New Beginnings

Hello again. Before you read this, I have a notice. This is the last chapter of the book. Instead of this book ending like the movie, I will have an alternate universe ending. The ending of the movie will occur in the sequel to this story. I hope you all enjoy it.

It had been five long days since the group of 7 with their horses had decided to leave the Encanto with their horses. They had travelled through the rainforests of Columbia searching for a perfect place to call home. Mirabel and Juano's miracle candle served as their light of hope and it had protected them with its magical powers as they slept.

Mirabel felt her heart aching with every league they travelled. As much as she felt she didn't belong where they left anymore, she would always miss it. It wasn't perfect. But it was still filled with people she cared about deeply. She prayed that her new life with everyone besides her would heal the hole that seemed to grow larger every day.

Juano enjoyed the feeling of her chin against his shoulder as she leaned against him with her arms wrapped around his waist. In the last few days, since they shared their first kiss, he had never felt more alive nor in control of his powers. His powers were connected to the candle. Its ever-burning light signified his ever-burning love for Mirabel. His mind kept bouncing back to all those golden butterflies who flew around them as they kissed. Then he remembered how some of those butterflies flew into Mirabel. Was this their love granting her a gift?

Nothing seemed to have happened to her in the last few days. But he remained hopeful that she had been granted a gift that was just as special as her.

"Hey look, guys!" Bruno on his horse with Isandra pointed towards a giant valley in the far distance. From the clifftop, they had come to. They could see that it was surrounded by waterfalls, beautiful groves of palm trees and flowers and a mixture of bouncy and flat plains. It looked peaceful.

"It's beautiful," Mirabel breathed.

"I think this is perfect," Isandra said as she raised her head over Bruno's shoulder.

"I couldn't agree with you more," Mirabel approved.

Bruno observed his beloved's expression and little Pedro's. He would be turning five in a couple of months and he wanted him to be living in a new home by then. He looked excited as he watched the tranquil scenery. "It's settled then,"

Sinfonia and the other two horses carried them down the cliffs and into the valley. They went to the very centre surrounded by pools and groves of flowers and palms. They dismounted their horses and looked around at their new surroundings. It was wide-open spaced. They could see a mixture of waterfalls and mountains in the far distance and the waterfalls surrounding them were releasing clouds of moisture that made them feel cool under the burning sun.

Juano glanced at his girlfriend. "Shall we?"

Mirabel smiled. She settled the beautiful miracle candle on the grass. They stood back to see if it would build them a glorious house with magic.

Juano and Mirabel held hands as they observed their miracle candle. The candle slowly lit brighter. As it did, a powerful force of energy erupted from its magical wax. They saw a house forming behind it. They saw doors, windows, balconies, rails...

They watched as the candle's creation became an actual house. It looked just like the house they had left for everyone else back home. But this one would be very different from its doppelganger.

"Holla Casita," Mirabel waved her hand.

A window above the door waved 'hello' back. The tiles danced. Some flowerpots were lowered up and down. The doors opened and inside they saw the tiles dancing around too.