twelve

15th of June, 1979

(Like My Father//Jax)

"Can you help me with my zipper?" Andrea asked, flattening out the wrinkles over her chest.

"Yeah," Sirius said, jumping up from his seat. Andrea shuddered in surprise as his fingers touched her bareback, but as the zipper started to move, she felt the material loosen instead of tightening.

"UP!" she scolded him, shooting him a glare over her shoulder.

With a wink, he did as he was told and hurried out of the room.

Andrea shook her head and turned to Dorcas, who had already emptied the first bottle of champagne. "He is impossible."

"Yeah, but we keep him around for comic relief," Marlene grunted, popping a new bottle.

"True. Now tell me how pretty I look," Andrea ordered with a laugh, spinning in her dress.

Mary let out a wolf whistle at her, fanning herself dramatically. "Absolutely stunning! Are you sure James is the one for you? What do you say, wanna run away together?"

Andrea smirked at her and walked closer to where her friend was sitting. "I would, but he could never do better than me. This is as good as it gets for the poor guy."

Marlene snorted. "Sweetheart, I love you, but you're never getting better than James yourself. You two are both insanely high maintenance and you're lucky you found each other and that each of you bothers to put up with the other."

Andrea gasped and held a hand to her chest. "Me? High maintenance? Never."

Everyone snorted in unison at the lie.

A knock came at the door, making the room fall quiet.

They all turned as the door opened, Monty popping his head through the opening. He grinned brightly at Andrea, his eyes going misty as he saw his daughter-in-law in her crisp white wedding dress.

"You ready, kid?" he grinned. Andrea squealed, red sparks shooting from her closed fists as she waved them excitedly. "Hell yes!" she cheered. She quickly chugged the rest of her champagne flute and handed the empty glass to Dorcas.

"Let's get married, bitches!" she yelled. Marlene laughed loudly and hurried out ahead.

Dorcas joined Sirius' side, Marlene finding Remus down in the kitchen and Mary on Peter's arm beside them.

Monty looked on in confusion and turned to Andrea as the two entered the kitchen of Russo Mansion, everyone walking out to the backyard.

"I thought Remus was walking you down the aisle," he said.

Andrea grabbed her bouquet and hooked her arm through Monty's arm. "He wanted to, but I wanted you to do it."

Monty smiled down at her. "Really?"

"Really. You've been there for me since I can remember. If I can't have my own dad here for this day, I'm glad I get to have you."

Monty sniffled, hugging her tightly. "You gotta stop, kid. You're gonna make my makeup run."

Andrea giggled, kissing his cheek. "You're as dramatic as you're son." "Thank you," he smiled proudly. "Now let's go get you crazy kids married!"

Andrea sucked in a sharp breath as she heard the slowed version of The Temptations My Girl playing in from the open back door of the kitchen.

The others walked out, making the way down the makeshift aisle they'd created by the small gathering of chairs on either side. She let Monty guide her down the steps, her hand gliding over the railing covered in twinkly lights.