sixteen

14th of February, Thursday, 1980

(One Love/People Get Ready//Bob Marley)

Andrea held a hand over her mouth, trying to stifle her laughter as Sirius and James toppled on top of each other, the stunt they were trying to show off failing miserably.

"BOO!" Marlene yelled at them from the top of the stairs at Frank and Alice's house, putting away the camera Sirius had demanded her use to capture the moment. 

Andrea ignored them and kept bouncing baby Dean in her arms, Xavier looking down at his son lovingly.

"He really is the cutest baby that ever lived," Andrea sighed, playing with his bottom lip.

"I'm glad you say that because when I say it it sounds so selfish but, come on, just look at him and you know I'm right."

Andrea nodded, still rocking him in her arms. "How old is he now?"

"A month tomorrow," he grinned.

Sirius got up and rubbed his bruised ass. "Not fair. James did it wrong," he huffed, shoving James away from him. James scoffed. "I did my bit right," he argued back.

"Yeah, yeah, it was lovely boys, now take your drinks," Alice laughed, handing out champagne flutes. Andrea handed Dean back to his father and accepted her flute from Alice, handing one to Xavier and one to James who had joined her side.

"Cheers to a housewarming! And cheers for Valentine's Day!" Frank cheered, wrapping an arm around Alice. 

Marlene held her hand up, pretending to cheer along and Alice toasted with water because she had shared the news that she was pregnant at the start of the party.

Not wanting to share that bit of information yet, Andrea and James shared a look as she brought the flute to her lips but didn't tilt it up so the alcohol could reach her lips.

"What are you doing?" Gideon interrogated immediately. 

Everyone fell silent and turned to look at what he was talking about; Andrea.

"What?" she asked, acting clueless. He pointed at her glass. "You didn't drink. I can always count on you to neck drinks along with me, but you didn't. What's up? You pregnant too?"

He said it as a joke, but by the speechless expressions on the people who already knew's faces, it was pretty clear.

"What the hell?! You too?" Frank exclaimed, going over to hug them. "What is up with everyone either getting married or popping babies already? You guys know we're only twenty, right?" Remus huffed, rubbing his head.

Dorcas smacked his chest. "You understand you're also pregnant right, even if it's not physically inside your body?"

His eyes shot wide as if that realization had just come to him. "Fuck," he said, necking his drink.

Alice pulled Andrea into a tight hug, bouncing around in joy. "Oh, this is amazing! Our kids can go to Hogwarts together and have the greatest time and we'll all be there and have playdates and summers together and -" 

"Ok, ok," Andrea chuckled, releasing herself from Alice's surprisingly strong hold.

"That would be amazing, Alice. Imagine them in the same House together. But I'm not sure when my due date is yet. I'll have to work it out."

Alice sent a playful look. "When did you get pregnant?"

Andrea looked at James. "Halloween," she grinned.

Alice gasped. "Us too! You remember when you walked in on us?"

"EW! Too many details!" Fabian, yelled, covering his ears childishly. "She didn't say anything," Frank chuckled, flicking his ear.