CHAPTER 28

TWO DAYS LATER

TROYE'S POV

I sighed resting my elbows on my knees and ruffled my hair turning my head to the left to see Leo sleeping peacefully.

I smiled admiring his face.

He sleeps like a baby.

"Cute."

I stood up on my feet thrusting my hands into my pant pockets and looked down at his figure hugging a pillow close to his body. I smiled taking one last glance at him and walked out of the guest room which is just beside my bedroom.

I closed the door behind me staring at the moon through the window in front of the guest room.

Leo came over to my house directly after what happened two days ago. He is still paranoid about the kidnapping thing and all and so I help him in sleeping and when he does I go back to my room.

His parents didn't come back from their honeymoon yet and he said he don't want them or his siblings knowing about this so asked if he could stay in my house for a few days.

I agreed instantly and here he is... I genuinely don't mind him staying here at all instead I like his presence.
I told him that he can stay here as many days he want to until he is ready to go back to his house.

I smiled letting out a chuckle continuing to stare at moon. I don't know how it happened but it did happen, I fell in love with him.

Love at first sight? Maybe.

I felt bad once I got to know he's already dating someone else but there's nothing I can do. I still get this urge to confess to him so that I can move on after getting rejected but I fear that my confession would just make things awkward between us and he might break our friendship too.

And I can't afford to lose him at least as a friend. I sighed glancing at the guest room's door and walked into my room.

I changed into my pyjamas and grabbed my phone which was placed on the bed to see if there are any texts from the police officer.

He didn't text yet making me sigh. I layed down on the bed placing my phone on the nightstand and closed my eyes feeling tired after a long day.

TWO DAYS AGO

TROYE'S POV

I shoved my phone into back pocket looking around for Leo. Where did he go?

"I thought he would wait for me."

I mumbled to myself still looking around hoping I would see him somewhere. I heard someone calling me and turned around to see that it's one of my classmates.

"Hey.. You forgot this on your desk."

"Oh thank you for getting it for me I was in a hurry."

"You're welcome.. I'll get going now. See you around Troye!"

She waved at me running towards the exit catching up with her friends. I removed my bag off my shoulders and slid the book in.

I threw the bag over my shoulder once I zipped it and continued walking towards the exit.

The teachers asked us to stay for a little longer in the campus for extra lessons as the final exams are nearing along with the graduation in one and a half month.

I widened my eyes in excitement once I saw Leo walking towards the bus stop. He's so far away but I could recognise that it's him due to his backpack.