2

୨⎯ "Chapter two" ⎯୧

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

    Nothing was right.

While Nari was looking for Hee-su, Ms. Park looked into the class to find someone to answer her question. And she found that someone. "Class president?"

"The truth is, all of us have some sort of prejudice. We all have preconceptions about other people."

The teacher's attention had been directed to Su-hyeok who did not pay attention to what was happening around him. "Next, Bare-su. Stand up."

Those in the class began to laugh and the boy stood up confused.

"What's with 'Bare-su'?" the teacher asked curiously.

It was Oh Joon-yeong who responded after Su-hyeok's hesitation, "It's short for Barefoot Su-hyeok. Bare-su."

Ms. Park nodded her head, still confused     and Dae-su intervened, "He hates wearing socks. He's so weird about it," he turned to Su-hyeok, covering his nose with his fingers." I can smell it a mile away."

"Okay, Bare-su. What did Nam-ra say a minute ago?"

Su-hyeok hesitated to answer, making the others laugh. Ryung's laughter was loudest  and he was totally amused by what was happening. All his amusement stopped when Ms. Park asked him to answer what she had just asked Su-hyeok. He wanted Nari to be in class to ask her what her deskmate said.

 However, Maeng Ryung rose to his feet and replied with confidence, "She was absolutely correct. A hundred percent."

Ryung looked at the black-haired girl sitting in the chair in front of him. She did not turn to him, still looking at her notebook. 

Ms. Park was not satisfied with the boy's answer, "What was her absolutely correct answer then?" 

Before Ryung could invent another lie, the classroom door slammed open for Hyeon-ju to enter. Immediately after all his classmates ran towards her noticing the condition of the girl.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

On the other hand, Nari didn't have a better situation either. She had put Hee-su's arm around her shoulders, trying to support the girl on the way to the cabinet. Nari had noticed how sweat had already appeared on her face and how she was trying to hold her stomach with her other hand. Although Nari tried many times to find out what was going on with her, Hee-su did not respond.