Settling down

It was the day after Tweak's pregnancy news was spread throughout the octopod. The crew was overjoyed to say the least, however with the exciting news rules had to be set in place.

"Ughhhh cap come onnnnnn" Tweak's groans sounded throughout the launchbay as the chair she was sitting in was wheeled away from the welding project.

"We need to discuss the rules- stop trying to weld-" Barnacles barely suppressed his chuckle at Tweak's glare. 

Kwazii nodded his consent sitting beside Tweak, she sat up crossing her arms listening as Barnacles sat down. "Now, you two already knew the rules of relationships and crew work- which you two have been really good about. However, now there is a baby in the mix."

Tweak nodded, Barnacles continued, "Now first of all health comes first in this scenario. Instead of work being prioritized I expect both of your health to be the top priority. Tweak take it easy, if you need help ask. No one will think less of you. Second, off Kwazii, you are granted time off when Tweak goes into labor, and afterward, I assume you know what you will need to do. Tweak make sure you see Peso as needed."

Tweak and Kwazii both nodded their understanding and Barnacles let a smile break out on his face, "Congratulations you two. I can't express how happy I am for you both."

Later that night Kwazii and Tweak sat on the shore of a beach nearby. Tweak stretched out in the sand as Kwazii watched the waves. "Do you think we will be good parents Tweak?"

Tweak slowly opened her eyes, "Hmm?"

"You and me I mean... I don't remember my parents. You have your dad yes but- Will we be good parents?"

"I hope so? I mean... we can't mess them up too bad can we?"

Kwazii let out a laugh, "For us? That sounds like a challenge."

Tweak laughed as she stared up at the moon, "I think we will be ok. I mean we have each other. We have the crew. We got this."

Kwazii nodded, "We got this."

Tweak rubbed her belly, "What should we name it?"

Kwazii shrugged, "Kwazii junior and tweak junior?"

He smirked at her laugh, she playfully hit his shoulder. "Kwazii! I mean it!"

"What! Those are great names!" Kwazii laughed.

She laughed until tears rolled down her face. "alright so we will come back to names."

He nodded, "Agreed."

He slid next to her and laid down on the sand beside her, grabbing her hand he brought it to his lips to press a soft kiss on each knuckle then her wrist. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. He slowly brought his hand to trace her belly. "We're gonna be parents..."

Tweak laughed slightly, "If you keep repeating that I swear I will tape your mouth shut."

He laughed and kissed her temple, "I love you tweaky."

She smiled and kissed his lips, "and I love you kwazii."

_______

AN

Hey guys! Soo sorry for the delay in the story, a lot of things have happened this year including the virus that will not be named taking my granny who helped raise me, taking my health, multiple health scares, and even multiple health diagnoses. I won't go too far into it but it was not pretty and I have been very busy and mentally not here. I appreciate the kind comments but the comments that are condescending are not appreciated! In fact, they make me not want to write out of spite. I know this chapter is shorter than the others but as I said condescending comments make me not want to write additionally life. However here you go- here is a crumbbb all jokes aside I will try to write more but I need a poll. How many of you would be ok with an OC? I know that is not everyone's cup of tea and I'm not gonna add in something people would not enjoy. However, you got Barnacles' reaction and some fluff. Stay safe!