Chapter 11 Gravemind

Noble Six and the Shadow, Aris-B333 and Zayda 'Zazumee were descending into the depths of Delta Halo, bioluminescent grime smeared across the forerunner architecture. . .

Aris: I AM TIRED OF FALLING!

Zayda: Foolish human!

Her voice modifier was completely gone, her feminine voice revealed once again.

Aris: AND WE NEED TO STOP MEETING LIKE THIS! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME!

Zayda: Insolent Noble. . . Call me Shadow.

Aris: SHADOW! EDGY!

Athena: I hate her.

A light at the bottom of the fall began to come into view.

Aris: That's not comforting in the slightest. . .

Their fall was suddenly broken as ropes ensnared their limbs and wastes! They both struggled immediately, but they were both pulled further into the depths of Halo. . .

And conveniently being pulled in beside them was the Demon himself!

Aris/Athena: CHIEF?!?!?!?

Zayda: Demon?!

The Master Chief struggled as well, glancing up at the two.

Chief: Aris. You're late.

Aris: Nice to know you're alive!

Cortana: Why are you with an Elite?!

Athena: Really long story.

Zayda: Tch.

Suddenly, they were pulled into a lightly illuminated room, the tendrils restraining them tightly as they were suspended in the air. . .

Athena/Cortana: . . .

What is that. . .?

The Gravemind

The Gravemind

I? I am a monument to all your sins. . .

Noble Six and the Shadow found themselves left in utter shock, and the Master Chief steeled himself as the behemoth rose to face them. . .

It's bloody innards were on full display, monstrous teeth moving with every word the Gravemind spoke. . .

Aris: This so much fucking worse than the first ring. . .

Zayda: I concur. . .

Their attention was grasped by a new arrival, the Arbiter joining them at the Gravemind's behest. Thel struggled, but to no avail.

Chief: Relax. . . I'd rather not piss this thing off.

Arbiter: Demon!