Chapter 37: The Boy Who Cried... Werewolf?

Dipper's POV
(New perspective! Yay!)

I sighed as I flipped through the journal.  I can't believe the Gobblewonker was a bust.  I stopped at a random page.  When I saw the creature on it, I frowned.  Werewolf, huh?  But they only look like normal wolves... interesting.  I focused in on the description.  "Capable of a different diet than their wolf aspect, (though it isn't recommended).  Unique eye color differentiates them from a normal human.  Human aspect can have any type of personality, wolf aspect is sentient and aggressive.  Avoid contact."  I read out loud. 

  "WEREWOLVES ARE REAL?!"  Mabel shouted, startling me. 

I shushed her.  "Mabel keep it down." 

  "Werewolves are real?"  She repeated at a lower volume. 

  "Yeah.  Take a look."  I showed her the journal.

  "Whoa.  So they are like the werewolves from Midnight: Full Moon just with different eyes? Cool!" 

  "I guess?  I never watched it." 

  She squealed.  "Let's go find some!"  She started to run for the door.

  I got off of my bed and grabbed her wrist.  "Hold on!  The author says to avoid contact, though.  We shouldn't go looking for something that could kill us!"

  "Pssh.  Warnings, shmarnings.  It's daylight, anyways.  C'mon, Dipper!" 

  "...okay."  I followed her down the stairs.

  We were just about to open the front door when we heard Y/N call out.  "Hey kids, is that you?  Come over here, there's some people I'd like you to meet."  Mabel and I exchanged looks as we walked into the kitchen.  "Dipper, Mabel, I'd like you to meet my son Theodore and his wife, Winter."  She gestured to the people sitting at the other end of the table. 

  The man held out his hand for us to shake.  "You can just call me Ted."  He said with a smile. 

  The lady waved.  "Hello."  I felt my blood turn to ice when I saw her eyes.  RED.  Her eyes are RED.  She must be a werewolf!

  "Hi, I'm Mabel!"  My sister said enthusiastically.  "Why are you so pale?"  She gasped.  "Are you a vampire?" 

  "Oh my gosh Mabel, you can't just ask somebody why they're pale!"  Y/N scolded.

  "Don't worry, Y/N.  I get this a lot."  Winter giggled.  "I'm not a vampire.  I'm an albino."  She bared her teeth.  "See?  No fangs." 

  "Uh... Mabel?  Can I talk to you for a second?"  I asked nervously. 

  Mabel shrugged.  "Okay." 

  Y/N raised an eyebrow.  "Are you alright Dipper?  You're sweating." 

  "Yeah I'm fine!"  My voice cracked.  "Just gotta... talk to my sister about something we discussed earlier."  I said as I grabbed Mabel's wrist and backed out of the room.  I ran upstairs and shut the door behind us. 

  "Dipper, what's going on?"  Mabel complained.  "I wanted to talk more to Winter!" 

  "Mabel, she's a werewolf!  Can't you see that?"