Fifth year (Part 2)

We've been at Hogwarts for weeks now, having to deal with the pink devil and her new rules. Draco, Vincent, and Greg are apart of her inquisitory squad, I don't approve, but to be honest, I haven't told him that I'm apart of the DA. I know he thinks he is helping, but Godric, that woman is an absolute monster. I've come back with scars on my hand from her detentions, it drives Draco mad but he can't do anything about it. Even Snape is being manipulated by her. One of her dumb rules is students of the opposite sex need to have at least six inches of space in between them, like anyone follows that rule. Draco and I definitely don't follow that rule, even though he's one of her helpers, she still separates us. She doesn't know, Draco is there undercover to give some information to his father, and protect me when he can.

Tonight, the DA is sneaking back into the room of requirement to learn how to do a patronus charm. I'm extremely excited about this one, Harry can do his so well, and I really want to know what mine looks like. Harry goes in first to open the room of requirement, I wait to go in last to make sure all of the younger students joining us make it in with no trouble. I have the last group waiting to make it in, I gesture for them to stay still and quiet as I look around the corner for signs of the inquisitory squad or Filch. Seeing no signs of trouble, I stand in the open hall, keeping an eye out as I usher the last group into the hidden room.

As the last kid makes his way in, I take one last look to make sure there is no sign of movement, but I accidentally spot my boyfriend's shocked expression. He had poked his head around the corner as the last couple of kids were running into the room, and didn't move when he saw me. My eyes widened and my mouth opened and closed before I rolled my lower lip into my mouth, quickly averting my eyes, I ran into the room of requirement closing the door before anyone else could see. Merlin, I am in so much trouble.

Draco's POV

We were so close to finding out where this secret club of Potter's was. I just needed to find it to get Umbridge off of my back. I heard quickened footsteps around the corner, and hastened my pace to spot who was out after curfew. I craned my head around the corner, seeing a bunch of third and second years running into a room I'd never seen before. I almost stepped out to catch them when I spotted wavy raven hair, my eyes stopped on the figure, one I knew like the back of my hand. As she ushered the last child into the hidden room, she took one last look around, clearly on the lookout, when she stopped in her step. Her eyes widened as she spotted me, her plump lips opening and closing like she wanted to say something but didn't know what to say. Before I could move towards my girlfriend, she rolled her bottom lip in between her teeth and averted her gaze from mine before running into the room and closing the door so it disappeared. I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes and letting out a breath. I just wanted her to be safe, that's why I was apart of this stupid squad in the first place, but Salazar, she was making that difficult. I only joined when she first got those bloody scars on her hand from whatever punishment Umbridge gives. What am I going to do?

Normal POV

I breathed in deep before joining my brother and the others to learn how to create a patronus. Harry showed us his, it was beautiful and made me want to cry. He had our father's patronus, a stag. Everyone scattered around the room, to start working on their patronus charm. Step one, think of the happiest memory you can think of. Step two, concentrate on the memory and recite the spell, hopefully that creates your patronus.

I held up my wand, concentrating on a memory, "Expecto patronum", I said with passion. Watching as light wisps began to form out of my wand. As I concentrated on my memory, the wisps turned into a figure, one that almost made me drop my wand. I held tight, as happy tears sprung to my eyes. I watched my doe pranced around the room, Harry stepping up to my side. I looked over at my twin, who had a wistful smile on his face. He looked towards me, with a smile just as bright as mine. Dropping my wand to my side, I gave my brother a side hug and rested my head on his shoulder.