New Breathing Style: Snow Leopard's New Style

Over two weeks had passed since Yōchina had passed Final Selection. He had spent the majority of the time healing his foot after the battle with the amalgamation demon. But thankfully, with some push-ups, sit-ups, and plenty of breathing, he was able to heal his foot in no time.

"149. 150! 151." Yōchina counted his push-ups, while Amakuni made food.

Yōchina was about to count the next push-up when he felt a presence walking towards his house.

"Outo-san, someone's coming." Yōchina informed.

Amakuni looked at his son with a bored look, before continuing to stir the pot below him and make breakfast.

"What do they look like?" Amakuni asked.

Yōchina started to focus on the wood beneath his hands, which traveled to the snow, then the unknown figure.

"He's a guy... around my height... wearing windchimes on his head... and he has... two faces?" Yōchina said confused.

"It's a mask boy." Amakuni informed.

"Ohh..."

"Do you think it's my sword!?" Yōchina asked excitedly.

"Probably." Amakuni answered.

Yōchina hopped up and bolted out the door to wait for the mysterious man. In the distance was a man wearing a brown Haori jacket with sun-like designs all over it. He wore a giant hat covered in snow, which also hid the man's face; it also had many windchimes along the edges. But was intrigued the boy the most was the wrapping of the man's back.

Eventually, the man stood only a few feet away from the smiling boy.

"Hi! Do you have my sword?" Yōchina asked excitedly.

"My name is Haganezuka." Haganezuka introduced himself.

"I have forged Yōchina Sentōki's sword. I am here to deliver it." Haganezuka gave the news that Yōchina was excited for.

"Hell yeah! Gimme it!" Yōchina said like a joyful child.

"Boy! Manners!" Amakuni shouted from inside.

"R-Right, sorry! Would you like to come in? I know it's cold out here." Yōchina asked with formality.

"This is a Nichirin sword, I forged it myself." Haganezuka said unfolding the bandage on his back.

Yōchina was taken aback by the man's response.

"Uhh... I know that... can I have i-" Yōchina once again asked politely only to be interrupted.

"The materials for this kind of sword only come from the mountain closest to the sun." Haganezuka interrupted.

"Made of Scarlet Iron San and Scarlet Ore."

"Really?"

"Unique they produce steel that can absorbed sunlight." Haganezuka explained the dynamics of the Nichirin blade.

"Oh! That's why they can kill demons! Because they have sunlight in them!" Yōchina went wide-eyed at the epiphany.

Haganezuka started to explain the location that the materials of the Nichirin sword lived on; Mt. Yoko. It's said that the mountain is bathed in sunlight all day long, never a cloudy day. Amakuni listened to the commotion outside and then remembered the man who forged his adoptive son's sword.

"Haganezuka... Why'd it have to be that weirdo. Why couldn't have been someone normal, like Kanamori-san?" Amakuni sweatdropped as he continued to listen to his son trying to offer hospitality.