1

" S O R T I N G " 

Mattheo Slytherin, Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Slytherin, sat at his ancestors table in the Great Hall surrounded by fellow heirs and heiresses of pure-blooded households

Mattheo Slytherin, Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Slytherin, sat at his ancestors table in the Great Hall surrounded by fellow heirs and heiresses of pure-blooded households. To his right, sat Scorpius Malfoy; eldest son of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy and Heir to the Noble house of Malfoy. On his left, sat Enzo Berkshire, only living Heir of Royal House of Berkshire.

Despite being respected heirs, Enzo and Scorpius always found a way to disregard all etiquettes they were taught. Right now, Mattheo sat in the middle of their ridiculous squabble. It seemed Enzo had 'accidently' flung a single pea at the Malfoy Heir. Apparently, that's all it took for the Malfoy Heir to lose his cool exterior. And thus began the food fight. 

Secret food fight, of course.

Mattheo sighed, annoyed, and leaned back onto the stone wall, dodging a piece of bread. Crossing his arms over his chest, he surveyed the Great Hall with critical eyes.

The Slytherins, as always, were the quietist house in the hall, the younger years conversing in hushed whispers while the older years had casted a silencing spell around their friend groups and conversed normally. Satisfied, he continued into the rest of the houses.

Ravenclaws, similar to Slytherin, also sat quietly. But that was because most of them had their noses in the middle of a book and others used silencing charms to convers. Hufflepuffs were the same, but instead of reading they were catching up on missed homework or simply having conversation.

Gryffindor, on the other hand, was the main source of ruckus. Loud chatter and laughter radiated from the red and gold table. Food was shoveled into open mouths and goblets were thrown about with no care of spillage. The sight of a 4th year Gryffindor throw a half-eaten chicken leg across the table made Mattheo look away in disgust.

Concealing his sneer, his gaze lifted to the Head table. Severus Snape, head of Slytherin House and Potions Master, nodded in his direction and Mattheo returned the gesture before moving on the other teachers. Filius Flitwick, head of Ravenclaw house and Charms Professor, had his own nose shoved into a book and he gestured to a part of the page before showing it to Aurora Sinistra, the Astronomy Professor. Sinistra glanced at the book and frowned while the half-goblin smiled in triumph.

Minerva McGonagall, head of Gryffindor House and Transfiguration professor, was glancing at her lions with a frown and slight red tint on her cheeks. Pomona Sprout, Head of Hufflepuff House and Herbology teacher, beamed and just seemed happy to be present.

And finally, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. 

A true sparkly eyed bastard. 

Apparently looks deceive, because the old man who looks like he would drop dead if he tripped on his own beard is the greatest enemy of the Dark Lord Voldemort. Or to Mattheo, his annoying older brother.