8

" I N F O "

Marcus sighed heavily as he shoved himself between two younger Slytherins

Marcus sighed heavily as he shoved himself between two younger Slytherins. They sat in the library after divination class (that Marcus jigged), studying or most likely completing their potions essay, which Marcus gathered after sneaking a glance at the multiple textbooks scattered around them.

Draco's brows furrowed at the sudden intrusion but shifted down the bench, Daphne Greengrass doing the same. 

"I need your help, Baby Malfoy."

Draco blanched at the Dark Haired Weasley, "You need my help? Why me?"

Marcus shrugged, glancing at the younger boy, "I like you. There's a certain -hmm- warmth about you. Something a lot of people seems to have trouble maintaining."

Daphne giggled, catching Marcus's attention while Draco blushed a deep red colour. Marcus grinned, holding out a hand to the blonde, "I don't believe we've met? Marcus Weasley."

Daphne watched him closely- observing his casual greeting, his smile and eyes that held nothing but kindness and a slight hint of curiosity. Noting he wasn't approaching her for the sake of connections or influence of the Greengrass name, she extended a hand, "Daphne Greengrass, Heiress of the Ancient and Noble House of Greengrass."

He placed a light kiss on her hand, which would normally cause girls to blush but Daphne merely raised a brow, not at all flustered. Marcus's grin grew at her reaction, "Pleasure to meet you, Heiress Greengrass."

"I'm sure," Daphne retorted, tone icy as she withdrew her hand and returned to her books.

Marcus raised a brow, grinning. Slytherin sure had some interesting people. Shaking his head, he turned back to Baby Malfoy, who seemed to be recovering from the abrupt complement but still couldn't meet the older boys eye.

"Ahem- What do you need help with?" Draco asked after a moment, clearing his throat.

Marcus exhaled in exhaustion, "My sisters birthday is coming up and I don't know what to get her. What do you recommend?"

Draco looked absolutely appalled, horrified in fact. He barely withheld a sneer, "Why would I know what to get Weaselette?"

Marcus's brows furrowed in confusion, "Who?"

"I don't care how low you think of me but to ask me to get Weaselette a gift?!" Draco practically hissed, pointing an accusing finger, "And you told us you had not contact with the Weasleys! You lied to us?!"

Marcus rolled his eyes, "Slow your roll, Baby Malfoy. I didn't mean her. I meant my older sister- she lives in Italy."

Draco's mouth clamped shut. Suddenly, outrage turned into embarrassment; how could he just explode in front of Marcus like that? If Leo ever found out, Father would immediately be notified. Embarrassment turned into heart wrenching worry.