Chapter 13

Maxine

I've been trying to fall asleep for the past 3 hours, I kept twisting & turning from left to right but I can't freaking sleep. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through social media. There were texts and calls from different people but I ignored it. Notifications from IG and Twitter kept popping up.

zakidawn.h added to their story
introvertmich added to their story

I went to IG and clicked on Hailey's Stories.. they were lying in a bed cuddling and watching netflix. The next one was a short clip of the series they're watching and the last one was a video of Michelle snuggling close to her neck—I wasn't really sure if Michelle was kissing Hailey's neck but Hailey was giggling.. Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa cellphone.

I clicked on Michelle's stories.. a video of Hailey's car approaching her, a boomerang of Hailey smiling sweetly at her then Hailey singing to a song played on the radio—mukhang ang saya niya so I smiled to myself, A picture of them brushing their teeth with their matching pajamas, picture of Them hugging each other and lastly a video of them cuddling in bed.

I threw my phone to the side and turn to the other side. All I could think about is how to talk to her, I know she got upset about what I've said earlier.

Tok tok tok

Tinitigan ko ang digital clock na nasa bedside table ni Hailey it's already 11:34PM who in the right mind would knock at this hour?

I peaked through the peephole and it was Jia so I was hesitating to open the door. she was already wearing her pajamas and holding her own pillow looking a bit sleepy.

"Bubuksan mo yung pinto o sisirain ko to?" Jia spoke. Tinitigan niya ako mula sa peephole kaya pinagbuksan ko siya ng pinto.

"Why the hell are you here, Park?" Dere-derecho siyang pumasok saka ako tinulak.

"Hailey called me, may LQ ba kayo?" Naupo siya sa couch yakap niya ang unan niya.

"You look like a lost child to be honest" pumunta ako sa fridge to get her some water

"You didn't answer my question, asan si Hailey?" ang sama ng tingin niya sakin kaya umupo ako sa tabi niya at inabot ang tubig

"Well she's with Michelle, sleepover daw sa house ng bestfriend niya" I said and slightly rolled my eyes

"Mmm.. kaya pala, I've watched their IG stories" she said while sipping water

"Bat ka pa nagtatanong? And why are you here?" Tanong ko nung hinarap ko siya

"Ah.. she asked me a favor to accompany you while she's away" simpleng sagot niya saka siya tumayo at naglakad papasok sa kwarto namin ni Hailey—throwing her pillow to my bed.

"Dibs"  she said

"Hey! That's my bed!" Inis na hinampas ko ang balikat niya

"Makahampas ka!diyan ako matutulog! Dun ka sa bed ng girlfriend mo" she said and climb up to my bed

"She's not my girlfriend! How many times do I have to tell you that Jia" Hinila ko ang paa niya nung nakahiga na siya kaya natatawa siya.

"Girlfriend—babaeng kaibigan, chill ka lang Miss Sharon" natatawang sagot niya

"At pano si Naiomi? Sino ang kasama niya?" Tanong ko sakniya iniiwasan ko ang pang-aasar niya

"She's with Sky as always, ayaw niya paalisin si Sky eh" kibit balikat niyang sagot habang yakap ang unan niya

"At least give me my favorite pillow" nilahad ko ang kamay ko para abutin ang favorite pillow ko

"Seriously.. you guys act lovey dovey towards each other, everyone has their suspicions you know" napaupo siya saka ako tinitigan sa mata—knowing me I never back down on stare downs.