Chapter 2 - Boyfriend

Chapter 2*

After the Qingming Festival[1], the whole city of Xinghe is running in the direction of warmth, and before the May Day holiday[2], Xinghe University has ushered in the welcoming of the newcomers.

TN: [1] Qingming or Tomb Sweeping Day ~ celebration for the dead (in early April). [2] May Day ~ May 1st Labor day.

Qu Chu had been at this school for four years, and every year's school founding celebration had nothing to do with him. The only thing that it had something to do with him, is probably the free food and drink in the cafeteria on this day.

Every school's 60th anniversary seems to be extraordinarily grand. In this day and age of social media development, Weibo[3] and other publicity means have become the most familiar broadcasting channels in modern times. Once forwarded in the circle of friends[4], it can be spread rapidly.

TN: [3] Weibo ~ China's Twitter-like services. Weibo, which translates to "microblog". [4] Circle of friends or Moments ~ social networking function of smartphone app WeChat.

This is how Xie Qianyu clicked on a micro-blog forwarded by Xu Yanchuan in his circle of friends:

"Today is your birthday, my old Xing[5]."

TN: [5] Xing ~ Xing He the name of the university.

Xie Qianyu's long fingers glide across the screen. On the section of 'Alumni Talk', his fingertips froze. He saw the picture of Qu Chu, and on the left side, there is his profile.

Qu Chu, a graduate of Xinghe University in 2014. He is currently a professor at Xinghe University School of Medicine, and the head of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Xinghe University Hospital. He is well known in the industry, and is one of the most outstanding graduates of Xinghe University in recent years.

Continue to scroll down to the comments section. Xie Qianyu selectively blocks comments that have nothing to do with Qu Chu:

"Today I'm also Professor Qu's fan girl!"

"Ahhhhhhhh, I'll call Professor Qu like crazy!"

"I will not say anything in secret, I have no regrets in entering old Xing, but I want to sleep with professor Qu."

The corner of Xie Qianyu's mouth twitched. Just as he wanted to click the "X" in the upper left corner. Then he saw the next comment again: "I'm super looking forward to Professor Qu's presentation at the School's Founding Anniversary Celebration, even if he only reads the school rules and regulations in a straightforward manner, I can still faint!"

Xie Qianyu sprang out of bed and sent a text message to his nephew, Xu Yanchuan, who was a graduate student at Xinghe University.

Xu Yanchuan, also known as the son of Hu Renhui, although his age is only four years younger than Xie Qianyu. In terms of position in the family hierarchy, he is his nephew, but he is like a fake nephew who does not cooperate.

"Chuan'er, I remember your school's founding anniversary, do you have a guitar performance?" Xie Qianyu paused and then sent another message. "I'll come and cheer for you."

"Chuan'er" that's the nickname Xie Qianyu gave to Xu Yanchuan.

Xu Yanchuan, who was holding the phone, was confused. He wondered if the person who was sending him a WeChat message had been abducted.

Xu Yanchuan is a graduate student this year. As a local, this is his fifth school celebration, and because of his good looks, good temper and talent. His guitar playing has become a regular part of Xinghe University's Celebration program in recent years.