one hot car

"YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT."

Virginia Sinclair loved to annoy her little brother. It was a favorite pastime of hers, but she put more effort into it than her actual job.

She worked at a bakery in the small area labeled downtown Hawkins, and was still dressed for the job in white collared dress and red apron, while she teased her sweaty younger brother.

Lucas, who had just appeared in the kitchen after mowing the neighbor's lawn, sent his older sister a strong glare. "Shut up."

Grinning, Ginny stood from her spot at the kitchen table to follow Lucas into the other room. "Mom said you have to take a shower before you can go to the arcade," she told him, quoting their mother- who had left for her book club an hour or so ago. "Said Dad wouldn't be home in time to tell you, but she'll beat your ass if she smells you leaving like that."

"I said shut up!" Lucas cried, dumping his handful of quarters onto his desk. "Jesus, you're annoying..."

Ginny scoffed. "I was going to give you the rest of my tips from work last night, but if I'm so annoying..." She leaned against the doorway, arms crossed and a hint of a smile on her face.

Lucas peered over his shoulder. He narrowed his eyes. "How much?"

"Six dollars. Give or take."

He held out his palm quickly, but Ginny took a step back. "Not so fast... What's in it for me?"

"You just said you were gonna give it to me anyway!"

"That was before you called me annoying, you little shit," she teased, crossing her arms over her apron again.

Lucas sighed impatiently. "Fine, what do you want?"

Ginny hummed, picking at the dark blue nail polish on her nails for a moment. "Hm... I'll think of something. Just swear that you'll do whatever I say."

"This seems manipulative."

"Oh, come on, Lucas." Ginny grinned, and dug into the pocket of her apron to retrieve the coins. They jingled in her hand inticingly. "You know you want 'em... Just think of how many rounds of Dig Dug this'll buy you-"

"Fine! I swear, as long as it's nothing that costs me more money than what's in your hand, my reputation, or anything involving shit," Lucas clarified.

Ginny smiled. "Deal."

They exchanged a handshake before she planted the coins into Lucas' hand. "Pleasure doing business with you. Now take a shower."

"Whatever..." Lucas muttered, slipping past her into the hall to retrieve a towel for his shower.

Just as pulled one from the closet, the door to Erica's room opened across the hall. "You smell like shit," the youngest Sinclar sibling said. Ginny laughed.

"Gahh!" Lucas shouted, throwing his hands up and marching past both his sisters, back into his room.

Erica looked at Ginny. "What're his panties in a twist for?"

The eldest daughter shrugged, and went to reply with a snarky remark, but was cut off by Lucas's walkie talkie sounding.

"Lucas, you copy? I've got four quarters, what's your haul?"

It was Dustin, one of Lucas' best friends. Arguably Ginny's second favorite of her brother's friends; Will was always the quietest and most polite, so he took the top spot. Mike and Dustin were little assholes, just like her brother, but she loved them anyway.

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by eleven!" Lucas smirked into his little radio.

Dustin was appalled. "How?!"