dustin loves chaos

THEY SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT GATHERING SUPPLIES to carry out Dustin's plan to capture Dart. She had fallen asleep only once, while Steve and Dustin cut up the beef and deposited it into buckets.

But that's how she ended up slugging buckets of raw meat out of his trunk.

"I would say this is disgusting, but that slime skin was way worse..." she mumbled, pulling on her yellow rubber gloves. Steve snickered a bit, just as a voice crackled through Dustin's walkie-talkie.

"Dustin! This is Lucas, do you copy? Dustin!"

At the sound of her little brother, Ginny sighed. She was worried that something found him and gobbled him up. Only this time, it was a relevant fear.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Dustin answered snarkily. Ginny continued to help Steve gather their supplies from his car.

"Sorry, man. My stupid sister turned it off."

"Well, while you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon," snapped the curly-haired boy.

Ginny almost smiled at the sound of Lucas' shock. "Wait. What?"

"I'll explain later," Dustin sighed. "Just meet me, Steve, and Ginny at the old junkyard."

"Steve? And— the hell, Ginny?"

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket," Dustin ordered.

"Wait, why's my sister there? You dragged her into this—"

Steve slammed the trunk closed, sighing. "Okay, let's go."

"Bye, Lucas!" Ginny called, picking up her bucket of meat and following after Steve. He watched her with a light smile, as Dustin ordered Lucas around. "Just be there, stat! Over and out."

They followed the rail road tracks that ran through the forest, slinging meat bits behind them. Ginny walked a few feet behind Steve and Dustin, throwing meat in spots they missed.

"Don't let Lucas fool you, Dusty," Ginny said, rolling her eyes. "He probably hasn't been home since last night, either."

Dustin looked at her. "Why?"

Ginny shrugged, turning to the long distance ahead of them. "My guess is he went after the new girl."

Dustin stiffened. "M-max?"

"Pretty sure... I saw them arguing after school, and then he asked Dad all about what to do when a woman was mad at you..." She slung some meat on the ground behind him. "Why?"

Dustin shook his head, looking at the ground. "Nothing."

Ginny nodded to herself, pursing her lips. "Oh. You like her too."

Sputtering, Dustin tried to make a coherent sentence, and Ginny just laughed. "I get it, dude. She seems really cool. Her brother however..."

Steve stopped abruptly, and Ginny came up to his side. "Her brother—" 

"Is Billy Hargrove, yeah," she slapped some meat on the ground, as she continued on ahead of the boys, without looking at them. "And he's a racist, so you're still King Steve in my book."

Steve and Dustin shared a shocked expression, before hurrying to follow her.

"Wait, he's seriously—"

"Yep." Ginny nodded, looking at Steve to her left. "Pretty sure he told Max she couldn't talk to Lucas because she shouldnt hang around 'those kind of people.'" She rolled her eyes and used air quotes as she said it.