Heart's Desire

Author: abrobinette

status: completed 

At the age of 15, Miss Charity Chadwick is tricked into marriage. Her new husband, unhappy with their union, banishes her to his northernmost estate and promptly forgets about her existence. There, she remains for the next ten years, alone and neglected.

Julian Lyons, Viscount Wrotham happily goes about his life, confident in his title and the position it affords him in society. All this changes when he is rudely reminded of the wife he tried so hard to forget. A decade has passed, seeing him act the bachelor. That is, until one fateful entry in his accounts that calls his attention to the unjust marriage that tried to put an end to his carefree days.

Julian, having proof of Charity's unfaithfulness, rushes to confront his unwanted wife. He wishes to finally rid himself of her one way or the other. Then, he can truly forget the woman who forced him into marriage. Unfortunately, a powerful grandfather and fellow lords want a reconciliation.

Charity, not knowing of her husband's unannounced return, does not recognize him. Although she is innocent of the charges, she does not deny them. She has plans of her own to end their marriage. When these two meet again, will love blossom and strengthen their union? Or will they part, unwilling to recognize their heart's desire?