8

"I have what." Yamaguchi stared at the doctor in front of him. His heart was pounding loud and blood was beyond cold. His head was hurting as he stared up.

"Yamaguchi. You have been diagnosed with the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease." The doctor replied.

"W-Whats that? Is it deadly?" The world went gray. Thoughts poured into his mind, faster than they would pour out. He didn't even notice tears slip down his eyes as the doctor began to explain. Halfway through his mom walked off, leaving Yamaguchi alone.

When the doctor left his room, he couldn't stop the tears from falling. The world went slow. He felt like he was moving in slow motion. He stared out the window in disbelief while two kids tossed a green ball back and forth.

A faint noise was heard yet he didn't turn around. He still stared down at the two boys playing. That was until arms wrapped around Yamaguchi's chest. He turned around to see Suga pull him around and lead him towards the bed. The rest of the team was standing in the room, Yamaguchi didn't notice the concerned faces. He still felt like this was a cruel joke being played.

"Tadashi whats wrong?" Suga asked the boy. "We all came for a visit, have you found out what's wrong?"

"Y-Yeah." He said staring up at Suga. He cleared his throat but suddenly felt a hand wrap around his hand. He looked to see Tsukki who was looking away, this caused a small smile on Yamaguchi. For all of the years of knowing this boy, he knew that physical touch wasn't something he enjoyed. The team would have noticed as well, if they weren't worried about Yamaguchi. "I have a disease. It's not contagious so you are all okay."

"WHAT?!" They yelled out.

"A DISEASE?" Hinata yelled.

"Calm down Hinata!" Suga replied sternly. "What's the disease called?"

"Will you be okay?" Daichi asked, worry growing in the captain.

"Oh yeah I'll be perfect! I just have something called Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease. Nothing too bad."

Tsukki typed on his phone fast and began to read aloud. "A degenerative brain disorder that leads to dementia and... and..." He looked at Yamaguchi who just awkwardly chuckled.

"Death..." Noya finished staring at his phone.

Now everyone was beyond concerned, yet no words came out. What could they say? What do you say to your friend when you hear they have a deadly disease?

"I'll be fine-"

"So there's a cure?" Tanaka asked hopefully. Yamaguchi's eyes dropped down to the blanket, giving the team an answer.

"I promise." Yamaguchi suddenly answered after five minutes of silence. "I... I won't die. I feel great as a matter in fact. When's the next practice match?"

They looked at Daichi and he gave an empathetic look towards Yamaguchi. "Tadashi... I know you want to play volleyball. But you can't right now, you need to heal."

"We hope you understand. We know you will overcome this. Your extremely strong you know." Suga added.

"I'll pray for you every day." Asahi said patting Yamaguchi's leg.

"You got this bro!" Noya smiled softly, his cheery self seemed a bit lost though.

"Yeah and don't worry about this boy." Tanaka smirked hitting Tsukkis arm. "I'll make sure this Salty French Fry will have a friend."

"Shut up." Tsukki glared, rubbing his arm gently.

"I believe in you!" Hinata smiled hugging Yamaguchi. He chuckled softly as the orange spikes in his hair wacked his face.

Kageyama had his arms folded and stared at the boy in the hospital bed. "Yeah... you can heal Yamaguchi." Kageyama replied.

A smile was spread across the boys face and he thanked them. Soon enough everyone packed up and left, leaving just Tsukki and Yamaguchi. Tsukki closed the hospital door and sat next to Yamaguchi. He opened up his back pack and placed down a dinosaur blanket, it was yellow and filled with small green Tyrannosaurus Rexs filling it up.

"So... you weren't okay." Tsukki said staring down. A frown was spread across his face as he gently tapped the bedside.

"No, I'll be okay-"

"Does your mom know?"

Yamaguchi nodded his head and stared out the window. "She walked out the room when we heard the news... she probably doesn't even care. Not like she ever has cared for me."

"I care." Tsukki said. "Come on let's watch a movie or something."

Yamaguchi smiled as he gently scooted to the side. Tsukki landed on the bed and grabbed his computer. They scrolled through the movie choices for ten minutes, laughter coming out of Yamaguchi as he tried to stop Tsukki from playing the Jurassic Park series. Finally they landed on The Good Dinosaur, and pressed play.

Yamaguchi felt Tsukki begin to doze off halfway through the movie. He sighed as he too tried to close his eyes, but every time he was so close to the world going dark, a small jolt would come off his body. He whimpered quietly as he desperately tried to sleep. Why couldn't he sleep?

After trying for the rest of the movie, he decided to just close the laptop and stare at Tsukki. The moon gave off a warm glow into the room, gently displaying a warm light on Tsukkis face. Yamaguchi couldn't help but blush at the face in front of him. The boy who would say the nastiest comments, looked so peaceful. A small snore was heard, and Yamaguchi carefully slid off the glasses on the boys face.

"Tadashi." The voice whispered, pulling him into a hug. Yamaguchi blushed and gently tucked his head under Tsukkis. For the first time in a while, Yamaguchi was able to fall asleep.