13

Three Months Later

Yamaguchi happily whistled as he kicked his legs back and forth. Tsukki sat behind him, legs crossed, as he gently brushed the wet, long green hair. "You really need a haircut Tadashi."

"Mm. I want to see how long it can grow, and cut it when I get out. Like me starting a new chapter." Yamaguchi replied. Tsukki let out a small laugh as he wrapped the hair up in a ponytail, and applied the two clips he bought, keeping the loose strands in place.

Yamaguchi turned around to face Tsukki, and the view was a bit painful. The light outside announced the pale white skin on Yamaguchi's body. His eyes looked like they were going deep into his head, the black bags heavy under. Tsukki wished he was able to stay every day, but school and volleyball has kept him from coming as much as he wanted.

"What? Does my hair look bad?" Yamaguchi asked as Tsukki stared a few seconds too long. His hands shot up to his hair as if he tried to cover it.

"No!" Tsukki smiled. "Sorry, I was thinking."

"About what?" Yamaguchi asked, his concentration going back to kicking his feet.

Tsukki thought and shook his head. "Nothing... just wishing you can come back to school. It's empty without you."

Yamaguchi kept kicking his legs, and after a few minutes Tsukki tilted his head. "Yams?" He placed a hand on Yamaguchi's shoulder and he gasped out loud in fright before realizing it was Tsukki.

"Tsukki! You scared me. So what were you thinking about?"

Tsukki frowned as Yamaguchi looked up with a smile.

He forgot what you said.

"Nothing..." Tsukki stood up and walked towards the window, staring down at the garden below.

A small knock was heard and in came a doctor. "Yamaguchi, we have some visitors." The doctor said, opening up the door.

Tsukki almost smiled as he noticed the volleyball team arrive.

"Tadashi!" They all said in unison, and Yamaguchi quickly stood up, only to do the unexpected.

They all stopped as Yamaguchi hid behind Tsukki, the dinosaur blanket wrapped around him. "Are you also doctors?" He asked studying the unknown faces.

"Tadashi..." Suga said taking a small step forward. "It's me Suga... remember?"

Yamaguchi looked at them like they were crazy. They all looked at Tsukki, wanting an explanation.

"Come on Tada! It's me Hinata." Hinata smiled walking closer. "Remember? Karasuno volleyball team? Kageyama the annoying king-"

"You little-"

"Noya, and Tanaka the most amazing senpais! Suga and Daichi our crow parents and Asahi the Jesus of the group? Remember Kiyoko and Yachi they are the team managers! Ennoshita the smaller version of Daichi! Kinoshita and Narita the second years who always are on the bench!"

Yamaguchi felt his heart pound, and looked up to Tsukki for reassurance. Tsukki turned around and looked at Yamaguchi, giving the boy a small nod. "They are our volleyball team mates Yama."

"Then why can't I remember them..." Yamaguchi felt tears slip down his face, and the room went silent. "I-I'm so sorry. I don't remember any of you! I'm so sorry." He cried. Everyone's hearts cracked at the crying boy, he looked so small now, and not healthy.

"Hey Tadashi It's okay." Daichi said walking closer to his younger teammate. "Don't feel bad. We should have visited more.... I know you don't remember us- but we brought gifts. Would you accept them?"

"I shouldn't." Yamaguchi whispered. "I don't know who you are and this is how I'm repaid?"

"Tadashi. Honestly it'll hurt us if you don't accept the gifts." Kiyoko replied looking at everyone. "Right?"

They nodded their heads, and Yamaguchi slowly appeared out from behind Tsukki. "Oh- okay..."

They all forced a smile on their faces, Suga gently smacking Asahis arm to make the big teen smile. He put on a fake face and they all began to lay the gifts on the table next to Yamaguchi.

"We got your soggy French fries." Noya smiled wide as he placed down the bag of food on Yamaguchi's lap. "Remember when you had them during the beach trip? And Tanaka and I accidentally threw sand on it? Yeah this is us paying you back." He grinned.

Yamaguchi put on a small smile. He didn't remember of course, and everyone knew that. But, he did grow happier at the thought that he actually had more friends than just one. He figured he was just a lonely kid as Tsukki was the only one who came to visit. Hell he even figured his parents are dead, he doesn't remember them at all.

Everyone finished putting the gifts and flowers down, before Suga pulled out some blankets from his back pack and set them aside. "Here are some blankets. Hospitals are always freezing so stay warm." Suga stated expanding his arm to ruffle Yamaguchi's head, then second guessing himself and instead pulling his hand back. He didn't want to make the boy any more uncomfortable than he already is.

"Well I guess we should go." Daichi replied looking at Tsukki.

"But you just got here." Yamaguchi replied, making everyone freeze. "I- I know I don't remember you all... and I'm really trying. But there's something about you all that seems a bit familiar... please stay. I miss having more company..."

They smiled and everyone slowly found a seat, the smaller boys sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Well Yachi has some videos she thought would make you feel better." Kiyoko spoke up as she grabbed the DVD's from Yachi.

Tsukki stood up and walked towards Kiyoko, helping her put the disks in. They sat back down and the side talk from the louder kids died down. Yamaguchi watched with big eyes as he stared at the games that were recorded. There was laughter, screaming, and cheering heard through out. It was weird, seeing his own self on the tv screen as he cheered along the side lines in most of the clips. Some clips were recording him as he got put into the game. However, his mind was racing with other thoughts.

I've forgotten...