Chapter four: A Hangout.

You woke up around one o'clock. You were still pretty tired. You had the rest of the day to do stuff. Which, you didn't feel like doing anything. So, you just sat around all day until the shift. Maybe taking a nap or two. You threw on your uniform and got into your car. You think you had another strange dream about some missing kids. You weren't sure though. You might ask Mike about it later. The pizzeria looked extra sinister tonight. Maybe it's because it was darker out or something. It didn't look like Mike was waiting for you outside so you headed into the pizzeria. "Oh- Hey Mike!" You said as you bumped into someone as you walked into the pizzeria. "Oh. Hi Y/n." Mike replied. "So, I have a quick question, 'cause I had a weird dream and there were some papers and blah, blah. Anyways, was there anything about missing children by any chance? That happened here?" You asked, not really sure how to lightly ask that. Mike froze, "Uh kinda. Maybe. There's a lot of stuff about it online. But it isn't too trustworthy." He started to walk down to the back office. "Wait but, why can't you just tell me?" You asked again. "It's a really long story I guess and well- never mind." Mike started to say and then he shook his head. "Aw man okay. I'm sorry Mike. I was just curious." You had finally realized he might've had someone lost to an incident like that. "It's fine. Let's get this over with." Mike said as the shift began.

******

The bell rang again at exactly six am. 'That...was better than the first one I suppose.' In this shift, you knew most of the controls so Mike didn't do much. "Thanks Mike." You said, turning to face him as he started to walk out. "Oh, no problem Y/n. It was nice doing it with someone again." He replied. "Yeah." You said, kind of unsure on how to reply. "See you later Y/n and make sure to sleep and if you want to come, me and Jeremy are gonna hang out later around lunch." Mike said. You nodded, "You too and okay." You got into your car and drove home. Less tired than last time but that was probably because you were getting used to it. You immediately fell asleep as soon as you changed your clothes and hopped into bed.

******

You woke up around lunch time. You checked your phone, a text from Mike fifteen minutes ago: Hey, me and Jeremy are hanging out at his house, here's the address ********! Hope you aren't sleep lmaoo  You responded with: Just woke up. Be there soon :) You got up and changed into your usual clothes. You didn't know if they would have snacks at Jeremy's house so you grabbed two slices of bread and popped them into the toaster. You put on a coat and shoes, grabbed the two slices of toast and headed out of the house. You drove around for a little bit, trying to find the right house. Turns out, Jeremy lives super close to you. You stepped out of your car and walked down the yard to the front door and knocked. "That's probably Y/n." You heard a voice say. The door opened with a click. "Oh- you're right. H-hi Y/n!" Jeremy said as he moved out of the way so you could head inside. "Hi Jeremy. Hello Mike. Sorry I'm late." You replied. The living room was the room left of the front door and Mike was sitting on the floor with a sketchbook and coloring supplies. "It's fine. I'm still tired too. Do you guys wanna draw each other or something?" Mike asked. "Uhm, s-sure." Jeremy said as he sat down on the red couch and picked up his sketchbook. "Sure. I'll draw Jeremy." You said."I'll uh, draw Mike and Mike can draw Y/n or something." Jeremy suggested. "Okay cool. Well, what do you guys wanna talk about?" Mike asked. "Uh I don't know." You said. You grabbed a sheet of paper and a pencil and started to draw Jeremy. It was silent for a moment. "Have you guys read any good books recently?" You asked. "Nah. Not really." Mike answered. "Kind of. I read a short book. It was nice, but it was too short." Jeremy answered. "Interesting." You said. You all ended up just chatting about the random things in life. It was a nice break to talk to someone new.

******

"Alright guys, we done yet?" You asked, turns out everyone took the drawing "contest" pretty seriously. "Just finished. Here." Mike said as he handed the paper to you. It was the coolest drawing you have ever seen of you "Bro, this is so cool!" You said. "Thanks Y/n." Mike said. "Jeremy, here's mine." You said as you handed yours to Jeremy. "Jeremy?" "Oh y-yeah! Er, sorry. I was, you know. In my own world and uh, stuff." Jeremy said quickly. "Oh It's okay. Here's my drawing." You replied. "Oh wow Y/n! This is super good. Thank you!" You blushed, "Thanks Jeremy. It isn't the best though." "Oh! Mike, this is mine." Jeremy said as he handed his to Mike. "Okay man. This is definitely the best one out of all of our drawings." He said, "It is not! B-but er, thanks-" Jeremy sputtered out. Mike handed you his drawing, "Yeah Jeremy. This is the best!" "Well- I guess- Yeah." Jeremy said softly. You checked your watch, it was around four pm. "Hey guys. I'm gonna head home and relax. This was really fun." "Oh okay Y/n. Bye. This was...nice." Mike waved as you got up with the paper in your hand. "Bye Y/n! I hope you, uh, enjoy my drawing." Jeremy said happily. "I will. Bye everyone." You smiled and walked out of the door and into your car and drove home.

******