Chapter five: The Second Shift.

You hopped into your car, time for the second shift of your new job. You believed tonight you were with Vincent. Which was in fact true. Tonight, you had come earlier than usual. You got out of your car and studied the pizzeria, the pizzeria still looked sinister. You sighed and walked inside. Vincent was waiting for you inside. "Ah, hi Vince. How are you?" You asked. "Good now that you're here." Vincent responded. "Yeah, yeah." You glanced around the pizzeria, you notice that there is a new feature to the main room. A ball pit, the ones filled with colorful balls. "You ready to work tonight?" Vincent asked, leaning a little bit closer to you. "Yup. Let's go." You replied, walking towards the hallway that leads to the back office. Vincent followed you through the hallway. You passed by the ball pit and you heard a rough yelp.

You turned around, Vincent was getting dragged into the ball pit by a yellow, mechanical arm. "Vincent!" You yelled and ran over and grabbed his arms. He was getting dragged deeper into the ball pit, "Hold on man!" You gripped both of his arms, trying to pull him back out. It was almost like tug-a-war. Vincent looked terrified, his white eyes wide. You could only see the crusty, pastel yellow arms of the thing that was dragging him into the pit. A few minutes passed of pulling and tugging and trying to not pull Vincent in half. That thing won, you couldn't hold on any longer. You let go and flung backwards as you watched Vincent give you one last frightened look. You stared in shock. 'What the actual hell just happened.' You thought and scrambled up and jumped into the ball pit. The ball pit wasn't deep at all. It was shallow.You stomped again. You looked around in the ball pit some more and realized you most likely couldn't find Vincent again. You also realized it was probably twelve and the animatronics were probably on their way to murder you. You took a shaky breath. You missed Vincent but you didn't know him all that long. What would the others say? How would they react? You knew you would get fired if you just walked out of the restaurant but you still weren't comfortable doing the shift alone. Even though you knew the controls well. But Scott would have to understand that Vincent was kidnapped? Is that even what you would call it? You sighed, holding in tears. You could've saved him if you were stronger. But you weren't. You got up and headed towards the exit of the pizzeria. Not noticing that the Freddy animatronic had started to move. Tears started to fall down your face silently. You felt like someone was staring at you and you glanced back. Freddy was advancing closer to you. 'Hah. Good thing the door is right here!'  You thought as you opened up the door tauntingly and walked out. Your mood was mixed up, so many feelings. You didn't have the keys to lock the doors but whatever. You walked to your car and got in. You texted the nightguard group chat: Hey guys. An incident happened and Vincent is gone. I'm going to skip the shift. I'm really sorry guys. He was grabbed into the ball pit and kidnapped or something? I checked. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know I should probably call the police or something. Scott responded quickly: What?? Do you need us to do something?? Is he okay? It's fine, I understand. Just hope the animatronics don't do anything bad tonight. You responded with: No, I don't know. I'm going home. You saw that someone else had texted but you turned off your device and drove home in silence. You opened the door to your room and flopped into your bed. Everything floating rapidly in your mind. The tears streamed faster down your face as you laid in bed. You eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.