Chapter XXX

Weiss slowly faded back into consciousness.

She was inside the Batmobile as it drove at high speeds down the road.

"Stay calm," a gruff voice spoke.

She turned to see Batman driving the vehicle beside her, and the effects of the toxin quickly came back.

"You've been poisoned," he added.

That didn't help. Her condition worsened at that information.

Bruce wished he hadn't said that. His social skills didn't exactly improve after years of isolation. But that didn't matter.

Batman swerved the Batmobile to avoid a vehicle.

More officers spotted the vehicle, and gave chase.

"I'm on him!"

The officers swerved around the same car Batman avoided.

The Batmobile sped forward, and swerved away from two cop cars attempting to block the road. The cops behind him drifted to follow.

Weiss was panting even faster than before, and Batman did his best to calm her.

"Breathe slowly."

But she looked out the right-side window, but the lights were a blurred flash that increased her terror.

Batman turned onto the sidewalk, crashing through a bus stop, and riding onto the highway.

A police bullhead passed overhead, shining a spotlight over the Batmobile.

"Hold on!" Batman said.

Two units and a bullhead drove behind the Batmobile as it made a left turn. More units turned a corner, and Batman was surrounded on both sides of the street. He made a quick left turn, and drifted into a parking lot, the police vehicles following.

"What are you doing?!" Weiss shouted.

"Shortcut."

He arrived at the top of the parking lot, and backed up between two parked cars.

"Air One to ground, block that ramp!"

Batman drove out from between the parked vehicles at the wall. Police vehicles surrounded the Batmobile.

"He's got no way off that roof."

An officer climbed out of his car, and spoke into the loudspeaker.

"Turn off your engine! Step away from the car!"

Batman pressed a few keys on the controls.

"Trust me," he said, knowing what was about to happen would scare her.

"Weapons system activated," a voice came from the computer.

Weiss pushed against the wall of the Batmobile as the seat moved to the center, and pushed forward into an open space. He was in a position as if he was riding a bike. He activated the missile launchers, and blasted the opposite side of the wall. He drove past the confused cops, the bullhead trying to keep track of him.

Batman boosted the Batmobile, Weiss gasping and shutting her eyes as they drove off the parking lot, and landed on the next rooftop.

"Who is this guy?!" an officer shouted into the radio.

The Batmobile sped over the roof, the officers shouting at one another on the radio.

"Where is he?!"

"He's on the roof!"

"What street is he taking?!"

"He's not on a street, he's flying on rooftops!"

Batman boosted off the roof, and landed on the next one over. The massive, tank-like tires of the vehicle destroyed the roof, crushing the tiles atop it. The Batmobile rode to the other side of the building, and boosted off, back onto the highway.