Chapter Forty-Three: Tej and Sunny, Saturday

When Tej was younger, she once had a bad sinus infection. One of her friends suggested using a neti pot to flush her sinuses out with saline. She tried it once and once only, dismayed by how it felt to use it. It felt like her entire head was filling with water, and for a terrifying second she thought she was drowning, like there were no more spaces in her body to fill, before the saline mercifully drained out the other nostril. She threw out the neti pot and went to the doctor for antibiotics and a corticosteroid nasal spray, and within a day she felt better.

The next time she experienced that feeling of all her spaces filling was when she had her two children. There was nothing like a baby stretching out your birth canal to make you feel like you were drowning on dry land.

She didn't feel it again until tonight. In contrast to the neti pot experience and the bearing of children, however, this one wasn't terrifying at all, but quite pleasurable. So pleasurable, in fact, that she thought she might come within seconds of being filled.

Now, it might have been scarier and more painful if Joe had gone in dry. Joe was a gentleman, though, at least in the bedroom, and he'd made sure to give her lots of attention, manually and orally, before she put him inside her. Then it was like all of her senses awakening at once as she expanded herself to him, inch by inch.

She eased herself a little at a time onto him, feeling sparks going off inside her brain with every shift in her body. They'd both agreed it would be best, since she'd never had him before, for her to be on top so she could control how fast and hard she took him in.

"Holy fffffffuck," she groaned, hands curling in his chest hair as she braced herself. Joe hissed in pain with the pulling of hair, but she barely noticed. She'd never made love to such a large man before, and his proportions had been evident everywhere. She'd never thought about it before, never thought about actually seeing his penis. Until not too long ago, she'd been content knowing Sunny's would be the only one she'd ever see again, and that she'd only seen one other besides his in her lifetime, and that both had been of comparable size. When she saw Joe's, she'd felt both excited and a little scared for herself, picturing how it would feel going in, and a little sad for Sunny, knowing he'd never measure up to this. She'd have to be gentle with him later when he asked her how it was, because she knew he'd ask.

This was the deal, though, and Sunny knew it. For him to be with Lauren and Rachel at last, she got to be with Joe; that had been what Joe wanted, and she'd been surprised to feel quite excited by the prospect.

She'd always considered Joe handsome in a vague way, if perhaps intimidating because of his size. For a white guy, he was handsome. His auburn hair was fascinating, and his shoulders and arms made her wonder what it would feel like to be wrapped in them. She'd never been anything but friendly with him, though, aside from a phone call back in the summer when she was asking him about Lauren, and what Tej might have witnessed at Al and Rachel's house, and had ended up flirting with him a little; she'd been in her swimsuit, sunbathing, and was feeling a little sensual in spite of being the sole adult responsible for five mostly teenage children, and somehow they'd gotten onto the subject of exposed skin and sunscreen, and she'd felt an overwhelming desire to have him peel off her swimsuit. Good thing they'd been conversing over the phone and not in person.

Now here they were, enacting the very scene she'd pictured that summer day, something she'd never thought possible. Okay, she wasn't in a swimsuit, it was far too cold for that, but he'd peeled off her clingy black dress, the one she'd worn to Sunny's campaign opening party that attracted every eye in the room, with the same eagerness she'd imagined, marvelling at her chocolate skin, pausing to kiss every part of her he'd exposed. And when she'd seen what was in his pants, she'd actually gasped in surprise and anticipation, and it had driven him wild, and he'd picked her up, right off her feet, which had made her whoop with delight. Sunny could never lift her like this. It was intensely primal, and so aroused was she by it that she was already wet by the time he laid her down on the oversize bed in Joe and Lauren's house, a bed large enough for a giant. Her hands gripped those shoulders as if they were a cliff edge and she was about to fall, and when his mouth found her nipples, she was practically bucking her hips against him, her body pleading for him to get to the main event, but he'd taken his time, given her labia and clit a good tongue bath, making her scream in climax, and when he rolled her on top of him, with such astonishing ease, she was ready to ride him until she didn't remember her name, but first she wanted to see how it would be if she took him in her mouth, maybe not swallowing him like Lauren said; she'd gag before she could fit him all the way. He seemed to enjoy it, and to his credit he didn't try to push her down, that would have been impolite, and he seemed well aware of his size and how intrusive it could be.