Six

It was a shock to say the least. I hadn't seen her in what felt like years, likely due to her extremely busy military occupation and our crazy lifestyles. Though she still had work to do, as do I, it seems a whole lot less significant now after all that happened. As Alex left, she slipped through the door , smiling wide, then frowning for a moment due to my body's condition momentarily before returning to her grin.

"Hey Luce.", my voice croaked. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Kar..." Lucy looked down and then up at me again, her eyes meeting mine. "I'd been worried sick about you ever since you went missing. The moment I had been notified that you were found I dropped all of my work and came straight here as fast as possible. I had to know you were okay." She rushed her words, almost as if they were firing out of her mouth like a volcano, all of her worry spewing out to the surface before calming once she had gotten everything she needed to say out in the open.

"I'm sorry Luce. I'm sorry I made you worry about me. This is my fault, I'm sorry." I said, my heart breaking knowing that I had scared another one of my family members with my idiotic mistakes and failed friendship. I had truly let her and everyone else down and caused heart ache, even affecting those I haven't seen in years. 

"Kara you don't need to apologize, it is okay. We are all here for you now. This is not your fault." Lucy, noticing my clear abundance of trauma teared up and decided it was best to somewhat change the subject. "Are you doing okay?"

I didn't want to make her worry about me. I didn't want anyone to have to suffer anymore at the mercy of my physical and mental health. I lied, "Yeah", I grunted softly from the agonizing pain and continued, "just a little sore." 

My attempted lie didn't convince her by looking at the expression on her horrified face that was watching my quivering features. "Kara, you don't have to lie to me okay? It is okay to admit that you are not fine. I am here fo-" Lucy abruptly stopped talking, noticing my now glowing orange eyes. 

My laser vision enabled, the burning sensation overwhelming my senses. I blinked to rid of the heat centric superpower but it kept charging up, almost at its maximum, ready to fire. I tried again, blinking rapidly. I was in no control of my powers and I had known this. I should have never let any visitors come see me. I was going to hurt her, I was going to hurt everyone I love. 

"Luce, get out of here, I can't control it." Lucy didn't move but instead came to my bed side. I screamed this time, "Lucy, GET OUT, I don't want to hurt you." Once again, she didn't move towards the door, but moved towards my body, her soft hand rubbing against mine before griping it , our fingers interlock as my arm lay limp on the DEO bed. "Please Luce, leave before I hurt you."

"Kara, I'm not leaving you alone, you have dealt with enough of that. Just relax, it will be okay. I'm going to stay right here with you the whole time, you can get through this, just breathe."

My body couldn't hold it back any longer. The minute my eyes fired the bright beams, I screamed, my head swinging around due to the sheer force of the lasers. The room took damage, burn marks and melted objects everywhere. Lucy ducked down, but her hand was still connected to mine, holding on with more strength than before. "Luce I can't stop it."

Her other hand reached up and grabbed the other side of my shaky hand. "It's okay Kara, It's okay, just breathe okay, just breathe, you can do this, just breathe."

Lucy's words must've have a hypnotic calming effect because my eyes retracted their lasers, finally putting an end to the suffering. Alex bursted through the door after hearing the screaming  and seeing the heat signatures from the room. "What happened Lucy! Is she okay?"