Part 12

(Nobody's POV)

Wild Card woke up at the sound of his alarm in the morning

"Riley? Baby, wake up. We have to go for our walk,"

Wild Card turned to look at her and was shocked to see she was not there

"Riley?!"

He quickly got up and ran downstairs looking for her

"What's up with you?"

"Have you guys seen Riley?!"

"She left an hour ago for her walk,"

"Why didn't she wait for me?"

"Maybe she didn't want to wait for someone who said he loves another girl,"

"What are you talking about?"

"Riley heard what you said last night. You said Kara's name instead of hers,"

"No No No No. I didn't mean to. Listen, I've got to get back. Can you tell Riley to call me? Please, I need to apologize,"

"Fine, but if you hurt her one more time you're dead,"

Wild Card nodded and ran back upstairs to leave Riley a note. Before he left he used his powers to teleport a rose into his hand and placed it on the bed along with the note.

Riley, I had to leave but I owe you a huge apology. Babe, you deserve so much better than me but yet you still fell in love with me even when I was a jerk to you back then. Please call me. I love you, Riley

(An hour after he had left)

Riley returned home and as soon as she walked through the door A Capella stopped her

"Wild Card told me to tell you to call him later. He says he needs to apologize,"

Riley nodded and went upstairs not planning on calling him at all until she walked into her room to find the rose on her bed along with the note. She picked up the rose with a smile and sat down to read the note

(Flashback)

Wild Card had been crushing on Riley for months now and no matter how much of a jerk he was he still couldn't make his feelings go away. Everyone was barely starting to move into the shared house together. One night when everyone was out grabbing the last of their things Wild Card decided to confess to Riley and walked into her room closing the door in case the others arrived.

"Hey,"

"If you're here to annoy me remember you're wearing a metal chain and you know what I can do,"

"Actually I need to talk to you,"

"I'm listening," Riley whispered as he stepped closer to her making her slightly back away into the wall before moving towards the center of the room again.

"Riley, I tried for a long time to stop having feelings for you, but every time I look at you, I fall even harder in love with you,"

"What are you saying?"

Wild Card stepped even closer to the point where Riley was about to be pinned to the wall if she stepped back more

"I'm saying. I'm in love with you, Riley. I've been in love with you for months,"

"Really?"

"Mhm. I know I've been a major jerk but if you give me a chance I promise I'll treat you like a queen,"

"You had me at 'I love you',"

"Wait, so do you have feelings for me too or?"

"Of course I do, Silly. I've been in love with you since the moment we were alone in the control room on our first mission,"

"That was almost a year ago,"

"I know,"

"Would you maybe wanna be my...girlfriend? Or is that too sudden? I'm new to this,"

"You'll learn. But I'd love to finally call you mine,"

"That was my line,"

"Too bad,"

The two chuckled and Wild Card soon leant in to kiss Riley, hoping he wouldn't end up being choked to death, but Riley began kissing him back almost immediately and he slowly placed his hands on her waist while she placed her hands on his chest. They were interrupted by cheers though when they opened their eyes and saw everyone including their parents smiling at them. She blushed and looked down at her feet as Wild Card laughed and everyone left. Riley looked up nervously and chuckled as Wild Card pecked her lips before beginning to walk toward the door.

You can see me later, Beautiful. I still have to unpack,"

(End of Flashback)