Part 16

He sounded desperate and sad when he spoke again

"Riley, help me! Please open the door!"

Riley nearly opened the door but her instincts stopped her

"Riley! Open this door! I'm going to count to 3!"

Once he reached one and started kicking the door, she became more panicked. Trying to escape through a window, Riley tripped as he kicked down the door and began walking slowly towards her. She stood up quickly and noticed some metal around her.

In the sunlight, Riley noticed how his metal chain shimmered as he destroyed everything she threw at him

"I'm sorry,"

She choked him and threw him against the wall, grabbing more metal in an attempt to trap him in a chokehold

She choked him and threw him against the wall, grabbing more metal in an attempt to trap him in a chokehold. Riley knelt down and stared into his eyes as he struggled to breathe. Before running out of the warehouse, she pecked his cheek. After running home, she rushed to everyone panting.

"What happened, Riley?!"

"Wild Card...somethings wrong with him,"

Everyone exchanged glances as she sat down and explained everything carefully leaving everyone shocked

"Seems to me that he's being mind-controlled. You said he had a blank expression,"

"But...by who? I don't even know if he managed to get out of my chokehold,"

Everybody looked down thinking until they heard a laugh and then...

💥BOOM💥

Everyone was thrown backward by the explosion, some of them even being knocked out. She felt someone pick her up into their arms as her vision blurred. She saw Wild Card's blank expression as he looked down at her, then everything went black.

(Riley's POV)

Once I regained consciousness I realized I was back at the warehouse with metal handcuffs...amateurs. I slowly got out of the handcuffs when Wild Card showed up