𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐌𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥

"They don't even go here!"

________________________________________

ALASKA WAS HEADING TO THE GYM for morning assembly alongside Melanie, Nini, and Kourtney. The four girls took their seats in the fourth row of bleachers.

Alaska was squished in between Nini and Melanie while Kourtney sat on the other side of Nini. Everyone was listening to Principal Gutierrez speak.

"And I am also pleased to announce that this year seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays." He spoke in to the microphone expecting to get a reaction from the students.

Everyone's faces remained blank except for two random girls that shouted, "Go, seniors! Friday!" Making Alaska turn around and say, "They don't even go here!"

"And now for a special introduction This year, East High has a new drama teacher with an announcement that she swore in writing, would not cost too much money." The principal said as he gestured for the woman to come forward.

Alaska watched as the new drama teacher along with Carlos began walking towards the podium while Nini slightly nudged her in excitement.

"This could be your chance Mel!" Alaska whispered to Melanie under her breath knowing that she's always wanted to audition for a play.

Melanie gave her sister a small smile while saying, "Not just mine." That sentence made Alaska's eyes widen in horror, if she ever went on stage she would probably hurl.

Out of literally nowhere the new teacher pulled out a t-shirt cannon and loudly shouted, "Go, Wildcats!"

The t-shirt flung out and would have definitely hit Alaska's face if Nini hadn't quickly put her arm out and deflected the hit.

"Thank you." Alaska said giving Nini an appreciative smile. "No problem." Nini returned the smile while Kourtney and Melanie exchanged knowing smirks.

"Yeah." Ms. Jenn proudly said as she popped her hip out before handing the t-shirt cannon to Carlos and making her way over to stand on the podium.

"My name is Ms. Jenn and when I heard that the high school where High School Musical was shot had never staged a production of High School Musical, the musical I was shocked as an actress inspired as a director and triggered as a millennial." Ms. Jenn spoke through the mic as everyone's faces started lighting up at the name of the iconic movie.

"Auditions are tomorrow after school This show could change your lives and I'm saying this as a background dancer from the original movie Third from the left back row, red headband and those are my real teeth so..." Ms. Jenn said but before she could continue Carlos walked over and attempted to take the mic away from her so that he could finally say something.

"Oh, and meet your student choreographer, Carlos. You know him as captain of the color guard. I know him as an unpaid, rising star. But seriously, I have no budget." Ms. Jenn whispered the last part to Carlos before the bell rang.