chapter two

-CHARLIE POV-

  as i was walking to meet up with y/n, a pretty girl came up to me and asked "hi, uh, will you sign this petition?"

  "yeah, uh, sure. what's it for?" i replied at a loss of words.

  "we're demanding the board change the demeaning warrior name." she told me.

  "well warriors isnt so bad, is it?" i asked. "i mean, you got the indians, the braves, the redskins, the blackhawks."

  "you're a jock, aren't you?" she asked matter of factly.

  "yeah, i play hockey. in fact, i'm the captain of the new jv team." i said.

  "forget about it," she told me. "you warrior jocks stick together."

  "but, i'm not a warrior! i'm a duck!" i called out. then walked away to find my friends.

                           -CONNIE POV-

  we had school then hockey practice. y/n was sick so she couldn't be there, on the second day of school. we got there a bit early and saw the varsity practicing. "my dad said 'it was all just a publicity stunt, but it's gonna wind up killing the school's reputation." the pretty boy (as y/n called him) told the others.

  "yeah. them rejects shoulda stayed on their own side of the tracks." said the blondie.

  "those rejects, genius. besides, we don't have tracks, cole. you see, there's no trains; therefore, no tracks. you get that?" the brunette corrected him.

  "well, they should stay out of our school. don't get smart with me, goalie." the blonde spat.

  "cmon, scooter. you know better than to confuse cole. we're on the same team." pretty boy told him. they skated over to us and started talking to us. pretty boy, believe it or not, was pretty. he was a jerk though, makes sense why y/n likes him.

  i walked over to julie, y/n, and my dorm making sure she was okay but she was sleeping by the time i got there.

                                 -Y/N POV-

  i was walking to the cafeteria after math not looking where i was going i bumped into a tall, handsome guy. pretty boy. my heart started beating faster than it had before. "oh my gosh, i'm so sorry." i mumbled.

  "it's alright, let me help you." he said while helping me pick up my stuff. "what your name, sweetie?"

  "it's y/n, sweetie," i said bitterly. "what's yours?"

  "rick, rick riley." he smiled. even his smile is pretty. "you look like someone i know, but do you wanna sit with me and my friends at lunch?" he asked.

  "um, i would but i already told some of my other friends i'd sit with them, and anyway i wouldn't want them to think i'm ditching them for a boy." i laughed.

  "yeah, i get that. maybe another time, y/n." he agreed.

  "yeah, for sure, pretty boy." i walked away.

  "CONNIE! JULIE! you'll never guess what just happened!" i exclaimed.

  "what! what! what!" they replied immediately.

  "i just r-" i started. i saw charlie kiss some other girl and smile after. she didn't even look like me. he started walking and stopped immediately when she saw me.

  "y/n! i'm sorry it kinda just happened! i swear!" he protested.

  "okay, and? you just cheated on me and you said you wouldn't. you also said you hated everyone and everything at this school. there's two lies, want me to name some more?" i shut him down. then rick walked in with scooter.

  "hey, what's she doing with him?" rick asked.

  "why do you care? she's a duck, you know that." scooter replied.

  "well... now i do." he stated.

  "oh well, i have to tell you something, you can't tell anyone!" scooter told him.

  "um, okay," he promised.

  "she'smysister" scooter mumbled.

  "huh?" he asked confused.

  "she's my sister." scooter mumbled again.

  "i still can't hear you." rick stated.

  "she's my sister! do you want me to say it to the whole world?" he said fed up.

  "why don't you want anyone to know?" rick asked.

  "she's embarrassing." he said walking up to me and charlie arguing.

  "what are you talking about? 'not meaning to and loving me not her?'" i said loudly.

  "you know what, i'm done with this conversation." he said angered.

  "yeah? and i'm done with this relationship." i shot back while walking to the door.

  "no you aren't!" he grabbed me.

  "stop, charlie!" i demanded. everyone was looking at this point. rick and scooter came over and scooter pulled charlie off of me.

  "you need help, dude, i'm sorry, but you do. and to think you dated my sister." scooter told him. everyone stopped and looked at him. he covered his mouth and said "i didn't mean to say that out loud."

  "i'm sorry, but i knew you looked familiar." i told him. "but charlie, really, i'm so sick of you. just don't bother talking to me for a while just go talk to your girlfriend, that you just had to cheat on me with." i added. then looked over to where luis was and he was kissing that cheerleader that he was following earlier. i'm guessing that was ricks girlfriend because he seemed upset. i was sorry for him because he had just gotten cheated on, i had almost forgotten i did too. i went up to him and hugged him. i just hoped that would make him feel a little better, and to my surprise he hugged me back.

                                           -
i'm sorry that this chapter had like nothing from the movie in it. STAY GOLD