chapter three

Y/N POV

  we had our first hockey game today. we had practiced and practiced and practiced. so we should be ready. "hey connie, you ready for our game today?" i asked after almost running into her.

  "yes! i'm super excited i think we'll win big!" she answered me.

  "that's the spirit! keep it like that! okay, i gotta go but i'll talk to you in a little." i told her while walking to 7th period. i had that, 3rd and, 5th with rick also. he was nice to me. i didn't think anything of it. connie thinks he's in love but she thinks everyone loves everything. my thoughts were stopped because i walked into class. i was meeted with a new seating chart on the board. great, i looked to find my name. i stopped. i was next to linda, the one charlie cheated on me with. charlie and rick were sitting beside eachother. that's just awesome.

                                -TIME SKIP-

  we were walking out to the ice as the band was playing. we were about ready to play. we were playing the blake bears. "it appears the entire school has turned out to see the once mighty ducks, i mean, rather, the um, eden hall warriors." the announcer, josh told the crowd. "to battle the blake freshmen bears. i looked out in the crowd and saw varsity and their cheerleaders, mindy was holding onto rick. i tried not to pay much attention to them and keep warming up but i couldn't slip it out of my mind. i don't like rick, so i don't know why it was bothering me, it was probably just because he was my friend and he got cheated on by that same girl. "hey! y/nnnnnnnn?" ken was saying impatiently, like he had been saying it for a while.

  "huh? oh, what's up kenny?" i replied snapping out of it.

  "it's your turn to take one." he said annoyed as i skated up to the newly set puck, waiting to be shot.

  we had finished warming up and we're ready to play. coach called us in, "gather around. let's go. hustle up. come on. alright, think defense. okay, hands in. here we go."

  we all waited a few seconds then started chanting, "quack! quack! quack!-"

  he cut us off and said, "what the h-ll's that? knock it off. alright, 'go team' on two. here we go, one two."

  "go team." we said unenthusiastically then skated off.

"go team, how original." charlie announced.

  "just get in the game charlie." averman told him as he skated to his position. i was nervous because i didn't want anyone let alone, varsity, to see if we lost. everyone would definitely be making fun of us even more. then, we got a goal and we started cheering. i looked up and saw banksie trying to clap but he got pulled down by rick. maybe he wasn't a good guy like he put on.

  we were in the lead 9-0 in the second part of the game. i hadn't been put in once. i had to act like i wasn't aggravated at this because then he wouldn't put me in ever. it didn't take 10 minutes for them to get 6 points. he then finally put me in and about 30 seconds after i got to skating i got checked. and a minute or two later i got a penalty for hooking. for no reason because i didn't. coach then took me out again and didnt put me back in. after charlie got out of the box he got right to the puck and the bears pulled their goalie, perfect opportunity to get another goal. he ducked underneath a check and kept skating as the taller, stronger, and faster team went after him.   he was hogging the puck. he skated off the boards and the other guy hooked him making him loose the puck right before he scored. they got the puck, took it down to our side and shot. they then scored and we tied.

                            -AFTER GAME-
                            in the lockeroom

  "we let down, simple as that." guy told us.

  "hey! you let down, i played hard!" connie responded angry.

  "y/n's stupid little boyfriend was there so she was too worried about impressing him instead of playing." charlie said blaming me.

  "hey! you've got some nerve saying that, considering you cheated on me, jerk!" i shot back at him.

  "look guys, we tied but at least we didn't loose." fulton butted in the conversation.

  "yeah, so what a tie's a loss in my book. anyway, we could've won if charlie would've passed the puck." i attacked him. everyone was quiet until julie spoke up, "come on let's just get changed and go to the dorm." so we got changed and went back, she went to the vending machines to get us some gatorade and chips, i went straight back to the dorm and i was greeted by a note on my door saying

'Wᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ 7:45, ⵊ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʜᴜɢᴇ ᴀᴍᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀᴡᴇsᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ;). -♥︎ʀɪᴄᴋ♥︎'

  i was amazed to see that. i would be anywhere but on... my door.

                                        ♥︎♥︎♥︎
hey guys i have the next few chapters planned out so my only excuse to not be updating is that i have softball but i hope you're enjoying this story and don't forget to ⭐️ 𝕊𝕋𝔸𝕐 𝔾𝕆𝕃𝔻 ⭐️

-ainsley ♥︎

                                                    word count: 888