Chapter-2

Chapter-2-"Well, I am making a deal with the Devil"

Juliana's POV

"I really just stumbled here. I didn't mean to cross the boundaries. I don't even know that it's a pack ground!" I try to defend myself. Why would I want to walk into death? I know what happens to rogues that cross pack boundaries. The Beta of the pack, that's how he introduced himself, James, is looking at me, gauging my expressions trying to figure whether I am telling him the truth or not.

I sigh and my shoulders slump. I lean back on the corner and curse Hayley. I would not have been here if it wasn't for her. Okay, maybe it was my fault too. We had this stupid bet to see who hunts best and here I am here. Well, this proves who is the better hunter. Better, not best.

"I just wanted a rabbit." I whisper and look down. I hear a chuckle and look up to find the guy beside James smiling and shaking his head. James is trying to hide his smile. "It's not funny when it happens to you." My heart is beating rapidly and I don't know what will happen to me. The light in the cell, that's been blinking, suddenly goes off.

"Sorry." The person smiling stops and they are both now staring at me. "Alpha is here." He announces and my heart beat speeds up for a minute.

I hate Alphas. They are just controlling, power abusing werewolves who just use the pack as an excuse to have power over other werewolves.

Mama never liked them. They took away my whole family. My father, my brother died fighting for the Alpha. It devastated Mama. She took me away from everything and raised me away from pack life. She raised me as a rogue.

I hear footsteps and James looks at me. I push my thoughts away.

"Just answer him and you should be fine." He tells me and I try to calm myself. I don't need to panic. He will only see me as a scared rogue. If I am going to die, I am not going to die as a scared cat.

The Alpha comes down. He nears us and I smell peaches. I suddenly can't get enough of it.

"Alpha." I hear James greet him and I see a tall man standing outside the cell. Since the light went out, I can't see his face clearly. He nears the cell and tries to spot me, but it's too dark. Suddenly, I am thankful for it.

"Did she speak?" The Alpha asks. His voice sends shivers down my spine. It has a nice base to it.

"Yes. She accidentally came into our pack grounds." James informs him and I feel thankful to him for putting it that way. I know Betas or Gammas who would just put the innocent rogues in danger just to make a good name near their Alphas. It happened to the people I knew and they are no more. My life is on line here and I now know what they felt like. Once you get into a pack your life is no more yours.

"The south border?" Well, yeah! You should put a fence up or some sign for others to know that it's your territory. Fuck you, Big Alpha!

"Yes." James responds and the Alpha is trying to look at me, but still can't find me. I need to come up with a plan here.

"What the fuck is wrong with the lights here?!" The Alpha shouts irritated. I see someone bring a lamp and see that it's the guy that was standing beside James before the Alpha came.

"Sorry, Alpha. The light here has just stopped working a few minutes ago. We will get it fixed." He explains. He clearly fears his Alpha. See? This is what I hate! Your pack is supposed to respect you, not be frightened by you. What is even the point of having a pack then?

"Hold it up." He commands and the guy follows. The light reaches me and I look up to meet the Alpha's eyes. My breath gets caught in my throat.

He is the most handsome man I have ever seen. My heart does a flip as I see him. He is tall and built well. His sharp nose and chiseled jaw look like they have been sculpted by someone. Oh my God! He is so handsome! He is staring at me. I try to see what he is thinking, but there is no expression on his face, just... blank. Suddenly I want him near me.