Chapter-6

Chapter-6

Alex's POV

"Thank you, Gamma." We all thank him as the training for today completes. Everyone starts going back to the pack house. My friend Erica turns to me.

"I am so tired today." She stretches her body. "You coming?" She asks.

"No. I am going to stay for a while. I want to go for a walk." We are in the clearing where we usually train. "I want to practice a little more." She sighs.

"Alex, we have trained for more than four hours today. You shouldn't tire yourself like this." Concern is clear in her voice.

"I am not. It's still afternoon. I will go for a hunt and train some more." I want to be the best warrior in the pack. The Best.

"Okay. You want me to come along?" She asks.

"No. It's fine, Ric. I just want to... be alone." I want to be alone after last night.

"Is Greg giving you a hard time again?"

Greg was the pack's Beta and is my Godfather. My parents died when I was eight in a pack war and even though they didn't want to, it was Dad's wish. So they took me in. I tried to like them, but I am just a burden for them. I wanted to move out when I was twelve and go to the pack house. But, Greg didn't want me to. He didn't want the Alpha or the pack to think that he doesn't care for me.

He is worried about his reputation. He keeps making me do stuff around the house. His mate, Jamie, is no good either. There is no physical abuse or verbal abuse. But I would say there is emotional abuse. Last night he wanted me to sleep in the kitchen since his wife's parents were visiting. The issue escalated when he refused to give me a blanket since there weren't enough.

"It's nothing new."

"Okay. Just take care. Also don't forget about the math assignment." She reminds me and I sigh. As if everything is not enough, I am going to graduate high school this year. It is supposed to be a good thing, but not for me. Trying to be invisible and completing the school is my goal.

"I hate you." I roll my eyes. She chuckles at my words

"Bye." She smiles as she goes off. She is my only true friend and the only thing that keeps me sane.

Walking along the woods, I slowly start jogging and reach the pack boarders. Ricky, the patrol member that I know very well, looks at me.

"You are going off again?" He asks.

"Yeah, just a run." There is no rule that we can't run in the forest. We just shouldn't enter other packs without permission.

"Fine. But this time, it's going on record. I have report to Beta this time." The current Beta of the pack is Oliver. He is Greg's son. We grew up together. He saw all that's being done with me, but never spoke about it or against it. He never did anything to me or made me feel bad. He just stood there in silence. We barely ever spoke.

"Do you have to?" I ask. I don't want him to know. If he tells Greg, it's going to be a whole another thing.

"I do." He looks sympathetically. Ricky lives is our neighbour. He knows what happens. Not his parents, only him. He has seen me sleep on the couch a lot of times. He used to come for Oliver in the morning for run and find me on the couch. He might not know everything, but he knows a bit of it.

"Okay. I just need to go." I give him a smile and he lets me go off pack boarders.

"Be safe." He yells.

"Will do." I whisper knowing he can hear me by his wolf hearing. I jog off into the forest.

"This meat is good." I whisper to myself once I am done and go to the lake to wash my hands. My small tent is set up. I have put up small camping equipment outside the pack grounds in the forest and come out there sometimes.