Chapter 6: The Truth Revealed

For the first time in many a week, I slept soundly without the need to listen out for approaching footsteps, whether human or Hilichurl. For the first time in a very long time, I slept without worry.

This was due, in part, to Eula's hospitality. She was incredibly accommodating of me, despite her now knowing who exactly I was. Although, it doesn't seem like she has the entire picture from the letters she received...

Last night Eula returned to my room with a couple knocks on my door. And when I cautiously opened the door up to her, that was when she invited me to sit with her at her dining table. We then partook in her well crafted meal together, mostly in silence, but we did talk a little bit — but nothing of any real consequence, just idle chatter about Mondstadt and the neighbouring landscape.

She seemed to quite enjoy our chat over supper, as plain and simple as it was. Perhaps it is not a leisure she often entertains? She did mention that she often struggled to avoid discriminating stares from her neighbours... and there was that Knight at the gate who wasn't particularly pleasant to her...

Regardless, after the supper and small talk, we both retired to our own rooms to rest for the night. And after a long and uneventful sleep, I awoke to the rising sun's warm light creeping through the curtains and onto my cheek.

I haven't felt this well-rested in such a long time... I feel completely rejuvenated! But... didn't Eula request me to talk to the Acting Grand Master again today? To tell her the truth about my identity?

... If I were to do that, would I be kicked out like I fear will be the case? That would mean I would lose this roof over my head, and the hospitality and kindness that accompanies it... I would lose it just as suddenly as I received it...

*knock knock*

Y/N: "y–Yeah? ... I mean— Yes! I'm presentable!"

I swore I could hear a little chuckle on the other side of the door, but I wasn't given time to enquire about it before my door swung open. And Eula stepped inside with a small smile upon her face. She then walked across my room and towards the windowsill opposite the door.

 She then walked across my room and towards the windowsill opposite the door

Eula: "Good, I am pleased to see that you are of the more punctual nature. Did you sleep well?"

Y/N: "I did, thank you. Your accommodations are leaps and bounds above what I have been... w–well, what I have been used to as of late..."

Eula: "Well of course that would be the case! This is the home of one that descends from the esteemed Lawrence Clan... after... all..."

Y/N: "Hmm? Everything okay Eula?"

Eula: "... I was thinking about that last night, my clan that is, and... you really don't know anything about me or the Lawrence Clan, do you?"

Y/N: "No, I don't. Other than that the Lawrences were a clan of nobles, and that... well... n–never mind!"