Chapter 19: A Plot Revealed

Amber: "Come on Y/N! Come on! It's just over this ridge here! We're almost there, don't give up now! I'll race you there!"

Y/N: "It's not... *pant* giving up. You're just... *pant* Do you ever run out of stamina? We pretty much ran the whole way out here, and we climbed every cliff we came across instead of walking around... *pant* How are you not tired yet?!"

Amber: "Heh. I guess I'm just made of stronger stuff than you! Why don't we take a little breath so you can catch your breath then. Here, here! Under this tree's shade will do nicely! But, ooooh! What would that make me then do you think? If I can best an Adeptus I mean?"

Y/N: "I guess that'd be a God, wouldn't it? I don't think there's much more of a higher rank than the Adepti... You're not secretly the Pyro Archon, are you?"

Amber: "Oho! And what if I was, hm? Would you finally give me the respect I deserve and teach me how you make such a mouth-wateringly delicious Sticky Honey Roast?!!"

Y/N: "Hmm... well, I just don't think you're quite ready for lessons like that just yet is all. Maybe you should start with mastering the basics, like a fried egg? Maybe a steak?"

Amber: "HEY! I'll have you know that people LOVE my Outrider's Champion Steak!!"

I fear that may be more so because people wish not to upset you Amber... I mean, come on! One side of your supposed "Outrider's Champion Steak" is obviously uncooked, whilst the other side gives off a subtle scent of something burnt. I'm sure I'm not the only one who just closes my eyes and takes a big mouthful, just to keep Amber happy if nothing else!

Y/N: "Well... Alright, well we'll ignore the steak for now, I guess. But a Sticky Honey Roast is quite the advanced dish, if you really want to get good at just that dish in particular then I suppose I can help with that... but wouldn't you rather learn general cooking skills first, then you can really bring your own into your dishes, no?"

Amber: "Well, I guess that makes sense. And you are pretty good at cooking other things too... Where did you learn to cook by the way? You mentioned before that you've not been in this form of yours for more than a couple years at most, right? So it can't just be that you've been cooking for millennia, can it?"

Y/N: "I'm really not that great of a cook. But, well, if I had to attribute it to anything... I guess it'd probably be from when I used to get cooking lessons from my friends. Like Xiangling for instance, who—"

Amber: "WAIT! You got taught by THE Xiangling?! No fair! How could my cooking ever compete against someone who's been trained by a super chef like Xiangling?! Hmmm... Well then, I guess I'll just get Diona to teach me how to make drinks as good as she does, and then—... Oh no! But she likes you too! She'd definitely teach you her tricks if you asked! Hmph! I guess I'll just have to best you with gliding and, as it turns out, stamina! Hehe!"

Y/N: "Well, you're certainly a great glider, there's no denying that! I couldn't have asked for a better tutor I'd say!"

Amber: "Hehe! Stop! You'll make me blush! ahem! A–Anyways! Look at that view huh! Mondstadt at this time in the evening always looks so pretty, don't you think?"

Y/N: "I suppose it is, yeah. The landscape of this nation really does lend itself to some scenic sunsets at this time in the evening. But... well... weren't we out here on a scouting mission?"

Amber: "We are! But there's no rush! We can just enjoy the sights, and hey! Whilst we're admiring the sights we're also keeping an eye out for evil-doers, just like Eula wanted of us!"