Chapter 9: A Familiar Mask

Y/N: "Excuse me, ma'am?"

Nun: "Hm? Yes? How may I help you, my child?"

Y/N: "Oh, well you see... I was asked to meet with a Sister Rosaria?"

Nun: "Sister Rosaria? Truly?! Huh..."

Y/N: "That... wasn't what I was expecting to hear..."

Nun: *ahem* "No matter, unfortunately I have no idea where she is. Like usual, she is most likely shirking her duties. Perhaps you should inquire with Deaconess Barbara? She seems to have quite the knack for tracking Sister Rosaria down when we need her."

???: "No need, I'm right here. I've been waiting for you. Y/N, am I correct?"

A much deeper, yet still feminine voice had suddenly made itself known, and they knew my name. So I twisted myself around to look, and I definitely didn't expect to see someone with an appearance like hers to be a Sister of the church...?

Nun: "Sister Rosaria? You're actually in the church?!"

Rosaria: "Why is that so surprising? I attend when I am required, do I not? Never mind that, I have an appointment arranged with this stranger. Knight-endorsed."

Nun: "I... I see. Well, when you're finished with your meeting, do come back and attend to your other duties, would you?"

Rosaria: "We'll see. Come along then Y/N, we're going to fetch another."

The tall woman before me then simply turned on the spot and started to walk towards the exit of the church that I had only just entered, leaving me to have to catch up with her. Though, judging from her apparent cold demeanour, I chose to not get too close to her – remaining a couple steps behind her. I followed Rosaria outside of the church and all the way back down towards the main plaza of the city. To the alchemical table that I had noticed the other day, when I was being toured around the city by Amber. It was identical to the one that I had seen before, back in Liyue.

Rosaria didn't say a single word to me as she strutted to her destination, with me following behind her like some sort of loyal pup... what exactly is it that she wants from me...? But upon reaching her destination, she finally spoke up. But not to me. Instead, she was speaking to the man that was standing besides the alchemy station.

Rosaria: "Where is he? He said he'd be meeting us here."

Man: "Hmm? Sister Rosaria? You're looking for Albedo? Last I heard, he was back on that mountain gathering supplies and—"

???: "Oh? Am I late?"

Rosaria: "No, not particularly. In fact, our suspect actually arrived a lot earlier to meet me than I expected."