Chapter 6-Union day?

“Sire…….”

“……”

“Your Majesty!”

Lyle turned to Sid, startled.

Suddenly, Sid, standing in front of the desk, laid down a bundle of documents in front of the Lyle.

“What are you thinking about so deeply?”

“Nothing.”

When I replied with a sulky face, Sid glanced back at the servants in the Oval Office.

They quickly stepped out of the office.

“Is it because you saw the Empress earlier?”

I don’t want to admit it, but I was bothered by Medea.

Lyle replied without releasing his frown.

“I’ve never seen Medea run.”

‘I thought you would never run, even if the palace was on fire.’

“I always thought she would rather die than disregard a noble’s dignity and decorum.”

Lyle’s expression at Sid’s reply became severe.

“…Is it really memory loss?”

“What if it is? Are you going to visit?”

Lyle sighed.

It seems that Medea has become a completely different person he doesn’t know.

“No.”

“Then what are you worrying about? Is it because the union night is in two days’ time?”

For a moment, Lyle was confused and then stunned.

I was so preoccupied with Medea that completely I forgot that the day of our union was approaching.

Sid nodded as if he was troubled.

“If she doesn’t remember… … she may refuse.”

“It’s her duty as Empress. She won’t reject it.”

I replied, irritated.

But to my annoyance, Sid’s expression seemed to say, ‘Is that so?’

“But it didn’t seem to me that she even remembered etiquette. It is even questionable whether something like the Empress’s duty remains in her head now.”

“….…”

Thinking about Milledia already gave Lyle a headache, now it feels like there’s already another problem he will stress out about.

Lyle became very uncomfortable.

“Why don’t you go and take a look?’

“It seems like someone wants me to be close to the Empress.”

“Her Majesty, the Empress has changed. That’s a good enough reason.”

Sid, who answered in an even tone, met Lyle’s glare.

The Duke of Caird was not entirely on Lyle’s side, even though their political views were consistent. Perhaps if there were a son between Lyle and Medea, he would be a loyal ally of Lyle’s, unless Lyle abused her greatly.

He might even be willing to deal with Lyle’s uncle, Lord Rowendal.

“Aren’t you going to be with the empress anyway?”

Lyle did not intend to dethrone Medea even if he did wonder if she was infertile.

I have no intention of adding another task to my pile of burdensome responsibilities like having an affair or taking in a concubine.