Chapter 25

Strange.

Suddenly Lyle realized that he had never seen Medea so close up and in detail in this way before.

And now, even if he were to look closely, it would be challenging to find the former Medea in her.

Medea, before her memory loss, cried angrily, was furiously resentful and wickedly cruel.

So, in order to reveal the trances of the old Medea and save himself, Lyle decided to make her angry.

‘How?’

Suddenly last night flashed before him. When she lost control, Medea cried and clung on to him….. As soon as Lyle remembered it, he felt heat gathering below his hips—and frantically sought to distract himself from his thoughts.

It had almost become dangerous.

‘Is it okay if I piss off Medea?’

I’m not very confident, but it didn’t seem difficult because I quarreled with Medea before commencing their affair last night.

“Hmm.”

“Kyya!”

Medea, who had looked up for something, yelled in astonishment and hugged her book tightly as if to shield her.

Lyle was embarrassed, not knowing that she would be so startled.

“Why are you so surprised?”

“Why did you sneak up on me?”

Medea interrogated back again, glaring at Lyle and on guard.

Then, as if she had realized something, she turned the book over as if she was trying to hide the book cover.

‘What is it?’

Since this is the Imperial Palace Library, there won’t be any suspicious books.

What’s more, isn’t this just an ordinary romance novel section?

“Empress. What were you reading?”

“… It’s a love story…” (OMG I WOULD DIEEEE)

“I know it’s a love story. What’s the title of the book you were reading just now?”

Medea hid the book behind her back and her eyes, avoided Lyle, searching the floor as if trying to find the answer.

Lyle became even more suspicious.

Medea took two steps back as he grinned and stepped closer.

“W, why, why are you doing that? You’ve never cared about what I’ve read.”

“Because you are suspicious now.”

“I’m not suspicious now either–I’m completely the same as usual.”

“You are the same, as usual?”

As he inquired, Lyle’s gaze looked at the pile of books Medea had stacked up.

At that moment, Medea ran in front of Lyle with a fright. Well, to be precise, in front of the pile of books.

Lyle had already seen the title of the book, so his mouth stiffened.

“That… What is that?”

“I-it’s a book.”

“You know perfectly well I’m not asking if it’s a book.”

Lyle said sharply and grabbed Medea’s arm… … and was about to pull her but stopped when he looked down at her face.

No, noo, wake up, this isn’t the situation to be doing this—really, really not. …