Insanity

This chapter is dedicated to tanithlow2013! Hope you like it ^^

---------------------------------

Ghastly paced. From one end of the corridor, all the way back to the other. He's see the wall, spin back on his heel and repeated, several times over. He glanced through the window each time, anxious to see any sort of development. Each time, the curtains of the operating bay were drawn.

----

Skulduggery and Valkyrie had stumbled upon Tanith's bloodied body merely minutes into 'investigating' the house. They had split ways, and Skulduggery had come running after hearing Valkyries horrified scream. There were cracks in the wall; Sanguine had been here. Tanith lay slumped, the top half of her body hanging off the bed, th black lips and veins not bothering to hide themselves. Her nose was clearly broken, and she had lost lots of blood. She had been taken by surprise.

But it was not the state her friend was in that caused Valkyrie to scream. Though she would never admit it, it was the black veins... The sign that her friend was lost. It was that that had made her scream in terror- the thought that she would never get Tanith back, coming so vividly and quickly, it caused all mental barriers to be broken. So she had let out a scream of anguish, and Skulduggery had leapt to her side to save her from an unconscious body.

He had made no comment, though. He merely lifted her up and gently placed her on the back of the Bentley. He had then rang Ghastly, and they had rushed to te sanctuary, ignoring red lights left, right, and center. Valkyrie would have smiled had she not been so worried. She kept glancing back at Tanith, daring her to wake up. She didn't.

-----------

Nye had been on standby (much to his dislike) since Ghastly had gotten the call from Skulduggery. H had hi instruments cleaned, a new apron on and his book next to him. He had operated on humans, but a REMNANT? This was something NOT to be missed.

----------

Nye cautiously stepped out of the operating theatre, only to collide with Ghastly.

'Is she ok? Can you get it out? Can I-'. Ghastly was abruptly cut off by Nye.

'I cannot garuantee I can get it out. The wounds were a lot deeper than assumed, and yes, you may go in but PLEASE do NOT wake her up. She can do tht on her own.' Ghastly nodded, and carefully walked in.

------------

Ghastly had sat there for only minutes when Valkyrie and Skulduggery came in. They made quite a racket, so Ghastly gave up on the whole be-quiet-she's-sleeping thing. The truth was, it disturbed even him to see her as a remnant... It scared him. But he couldn't show it, he was an elder. So they say in silence until Nye was about to shoo them out, when she stirred. Ghastly stood, his mouth wide open like a gold fish, desperate for her to wake. And she did. She opened her eyes and smiled.

-------

'Hello.' She drawled, her voice weak. Nye had been right to put restraints on her- she was trying to get up, to no avail. 'Why must you keep me tied up like this?' She poured, and turned to Valkyrie.

'Your my friend! Why subject me to this?' She turned her head towards Ghastly. 'And I thought you loved me!' Ghastly went to go towards her, but Skulduggery grabbed his arm to stop him. He froze.

' I love the REAL Tanith. Not you. A remnant. You don't even look like her.' He gestured to her black veins and lips. Within seconds they were gone.

'What about now?' She grinned evilly, and Valkyrie coul see Ghastly start to buckle.

'Dont worry Tanith. We'll get you out. The REAL you. My best friend. I promise'. She had tears staring to form in her eyes. Ghastly had his back turned. Tanith screamed, writhing under the restraints. There wa a gunshot, and an agonised yell. Everybody turned to Skulduggery, who was holing his gun straight at Tanith. Valkyrie gasped, and Ghastly lunged, but Skulduggery merely held up a hand.

'Tanith, are you hurt?'

'Well, physically no, but all these people I ASSUMED were my friends-'

'Thats enough.' Everybody stared at Skulduggery in confusion. Then they heard a low moan. It came from behind the bed holding Tanith. And there, on the floor, just below thousands of tiny cracks, was Billy-Ray Sanguine.

'I hope y'all good?' He said feebly, and promptly blacked out.

----------

CLIFFHANGER!!! Hope it's good enough for you, tanith!