Journey

Ok, here it is! The next instalment! Dementors are J.K.Rowling's, River is mine and the rest is Derek Landy's!!

------------------------------

Valkyrie went cold. Her teeth chattered, her arms shook, and her fingers went numb. They weren't even there yet. River glanced around at Valkyrie, and laughed.

'I'm sorry! It is really cold, isn't it! Here, have my coat!', and with that, she removed her coat and gave it to Valkyrie. It smelled of ash, and the woods. Valkyrie wondered who river was. They'd exchanged a few words, of course, and Skulduggery was 'chaperoning' them to the place (she wasn't sure where they were going), but really, she didn't know much about her. With a start, she realised River was only wearing her tank top and jeans, scars on full display. She made to give here back her coat, but was cut off by River's laugh.

'Oh, no! You hold on to it. They don't... affect me in the same way', her face darkened, the shadows beneath her eyes becoming more noticeable. She gave Valkyrie a smile, and within her hands she lit a flame. It bounced about her body, never burning anything, just giving her her usual rosy flush. Rver chuckled at Valkyrie's face.

'I'm surprised Skulduggery never taught you that'. She rounded on Skulduggery, who seemed to be intently driving. 'Why did you never tech her?'. He cleared his throat. Confusion clouded River's face, but it left as she started to laugh.

'Oh! You've never needed it! So you can't do it!' she laughed again and Valkyrie heard Skulduggery mumble something about 'you don't need to rub it in'. She grinned again, but her face dropped as another wave of cold hit them. She glanced at Valkyrie as the car pulled to a stop. She sighed, and got out. They were in an old grave yard, covered in moss and dead flowers. River's eyes were dark.

'We're here', she said quietly, and proceeded to the gate.

------------

Sorry it's short!!! I hope it's OK :)