Surprise

Well, here's the next chapter! Hope you like it! And River Grimm belongs to me!

-------------------------------------------------

Ghastly put down the phone. He needed this to work, so desperately, and she was his last hope. He stood up, and went to the room where Sanguine was being help captive. He was too weak to travel- skulduggery had hit him straight through his thigh bone, rendering him unable to walk, let alone 'dig'.

As Ghastly closed the gap between his study and the 'interrogation room' (also know as the re cooperation bay), he heard voices. One feminine, Valkyroe, one angry, Skulduggery, and one weak, still managing to be cocky. Sanguine. Ghastly's anger bubbled over, so much so, that he nearly broke the door down. But he didn't. He was an elder. But thoughts kept creeping into his head. What had he done to her? He'd KISSED her. He'd- but he didn't think about it. He took a deep breath, and stepped into the room.

-------

The moment Nye had given them the OK, Skulduggery and Valkyrie had whisked into the hospital room and started to interrogate Sanguine. Well, technically speaking, they handn't gotten an OK, more of an 'Ah-' sound, but they had barged in anyway. They had come face-to-face with Sanguine, his face drawn and lined with pain. He had managed a cocky smile, though, so they wasted no time with formalities.

'What did you do to her?' Valkyrie snarled.

'I didn't do nothin' honey. She came to me, willin' as anythin'-'

'I MEANT, how much damage did you do to her?'

'Oh, I just knocked her round a bit. She yelled at me, y'see. I didn't like that. So she stormed off, leaving me to just hunt her down.' And evil grin spread across his strained face.

'As much as I care about your little 'hunt',' Skulduggery interrupted,' Why did you come after her? To here, I mean.'

'I wasn't done with her. She cut off my hand,' he lifted his left arm, and where his hand should have been, there was a silver dome.

'Ah'. Skulduggery said.

'At least I still left some fight in her. For scar-head, I mean. Where is he, anyway?'

'His finding out ways of getting rid of the Remnant.' Valkyrie could see his fists clench, but the rest of his body remained still.

'Whatever. You'll never get it out. But what do I care? I'm pretty defenceless. Why don't you just kill me now?' He sneered. At that precise moment, Ghastly came in. He gave Sanguine a mere glance, but focused on Skulduggery.

'China's sending someone over.' He was uncomfortable, acutely aware of Skulduggery's angry temperament.

'Can they be trusted?' Skulduggery inquired. His voice was hard. Ghastly cleared his throat uncomfortably.

'I'm honestly not sure. We'll just have to see.' It would have been plain for a fool to see Ghastly's excitement.

Skulduggery merely nodded.

'Lets go see her.' Skulduggery said. 'Oh- and don't bother telling Nye we're done with Sanguine. He might get left here for at least 3 hours if we're lucky.' The look of terror that crossed Sanguine's face was a picture, but nothing compared to his look when Ghastly merely nodded.

'B-but you're an elder! You have to abide by the rules!' Ghastly shrugged.

'I am also a human, and you stole my girlfriend, so shut up.'

---------

When they went to Tanith, they were greeted by the sight of her having a conversation with Clarabelle. Tanith grinned at them. They realised she was also struggling against her bonds, but Clarabelle seemed oblivious to the fact.

'I like this one!' She gestured to Clarabelle, who promptly got up and left.

'Nice,' Skulduggery muttered.

'Tanith,' Ghastly said slowly. 'We've got someone coming, to help you. To get the remnant out.'

Tanith laughed.

'Thats not gonna happen sweetie.'

'Im afraid it is. It definitely is.'

'And how can you be so sure?'

'Because the woman who's coming, goes by the name of River Grimm'. Tanith's face dropped, as did Skilduggery's jaw. And with a flash of light, a woman was standing in the doorway.

'River Grimm, at your service.'

-----------

DUNDUNDUN!!!! Who is this River Grimm? You've got to wait for the next chapter!