𝟎𝟏 - 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋

"𝗬/𝗡, 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗜 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗗 just how much better I am than Mirabel? Like literally everything I do is better."

You rolled your eyes, ignoring Camilo and continuing to eat your cereal.

It was currently 7 in the morning and he was already glued to you. This happened every time you slept at their house, but this time it was worse than ever.

He was busy telling you how much "better" he was than Mirabel, just because you hung out with her for a couple hours yesterday.

You two were having fun, until Camilo decided to shift into Isabela and break you two apart by saying that Abuela needed to talk to Mirabel.

You slightly scoffed as you remembered that scenario. Camilo was always desperate to have your eyes on him, and only him.

Suddenly you were pulled out of your thoughts as you felt a hand on your cheek.
You flinched, slightly backing away from Camilo's touch. He looked hurt for a second, but quickly covered it with a smile.

"Don't you agree, Y/N? I mean let's be honest here, she's a great cousin, but she doesn't even have a gift and-"

You cut him off by placing a finger on his lips and glaring him dead in the eyes.
"Camilo."

He slightly blushed, refusing to look at you and instead letting his eyes explore the kitchen.

You let out a small sigh, before getting up and putting your now empty bowl with the other dirty dishes.

You looked back at your best friend, who's gaze was already set on you, before turning your back on him and leaving Casita to start your daily chores.

As you stepped outside, you were greeted with the warm embrace of the sun.
You smiled as you thought about Pepa.
She seemed to be in a good mood today, huh?

You heard footsteps behind you, making you turn around and start talking before you even saw who it was.
"Camilo, listen. I've got chores to do so let's just hang out later, okay-"

You immediately shut yourself up after realizing that it wasn't him. It was Mirabel.
You inhaled sharply, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks.

How embarrassing.

Mirabel let out a chuckle, adjusting her glasses.

"Good to see you too, Y/N. But unfortunately i'm not your best friend."

She said, standing there with a smug smile plastered onto her face.

You felt even more embarrassed now.
Letting out an awkward chuckle, you watched as she laughed to herself.

"Mira, you misunderstood, I thought you were him because-"

She cut you off.
"I know, I know. It's fine Y/N, I was just toying with you."

You rolled your eyes, before returning her smile.

"Well then, the chores aren't gonna do themselves, so what do you wanna start with?"
She asked, glancing up at you.